Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester Tuning! its a reality!!

24K views 243 replies 38 participants last post by  SuperGLS 
#1 ·
so i was able to hook up with john at jester tuning this evening.

his software design was able to extract the rom of my ecu...this is a very good thing!

next he has to map out the fuel and ignition maps

more to come!!

but this is a reality and we WILL have somebody who can reflash our ecus!

sorry TC (apparently he had trouble with his software) :rolleyes:

MORE TO COME!!!!!

#7 ·
super and others....there should not be any problems with this at all....

as far as the software....he is a software engineer and he MADE the software to interface with hyundai.

he has done this with DSM and Subaru...hell even GM....i do not foresee any issues and if there are they WILL be taken care of.

#11 ·
here is jesters website... http://www.jestrtuning.com

prices should be comparable.

slow...that is the point a 2.5 map sensor and larger injectors (not there just yet...but we are working in it.)

what he does for the Evo guys is that he has tuned so many of them that he keeps a data base...so i you would have to do is say i have (blah blah blah) and he will already have a tune ready for that application. ;)

#19 ·
I just looked at their website and they seem to be for real, Hyundai added to their resume already so there has to be something going on. Hopefully this doesnt take years to get off the ground and working. Its a nice solution but I still think having your own tuning capabilities is required, especially for us guys who are boosted.

#20 ·
not with the proper kit...

how do you think all of the other companies do it? nothing against you guys but i doubt that you will be able to tune better then jester...i have seen his work first hand. there are quite a few turbo'd guys down here in florida....if they get reflashed then he will compile the data and should be able to send you a reflashed ecu for your application. again that is in the future.

actually this will be only a couple of weeks, we have a dealership meet on april 19th he told me he wanted it done before then.

#22 ·
I don't think you understand. As great as ecu reflashes are, unless your car is strapped to the dyno to get a custom one done then I find it to be dumb. Someone 500 miles away can't get the tune perfect for your car. I don't care how many maps he has. EVERY car is different.

#23 · (Edited)
cypher i would have to disagree....the actual tune just from the data gathered will be better than us ametures can do with an aftermarket source....not to mention its plug and play...no splicing, hacking **** up, just simply plug in and start up. obviously dyno (or road tuning) would be the best but it can be done...he does it with evo's and other makes.

ny-dude no doubt!!!

dyno day fo sho!!

we just have to figure out what is needed for a turbo on a non turbo car. dont worry we will figure it out.

we actually have a turbo'd tib we are working with.

#26 ·
Thats fine if you disagree, but you won't be getting the most power out of it. No doubt they won't get it perfect, but for someone whos going all out in the first place with a turbo; why settle for a "close" tune when you could have a spot on one?

#27 ·
oh i agree with that...but a "close reflahsed ecu" would be better then just slapping on an smt-6....lets not also forget that rev limiter can be raised, top speed limiter can be removed, timing can be adjusted....all with a reflash.

#32 ·
A raised rev limiter is no good without an upgraded valvetrain and better cams, higher top speed is useless now anyhow because to strict racing laws...you dont need to go any faster than your highest track speeds, which is normally slower than your factory speed limiter anyhow.

Like I said before this would be good for NA based guys but for those who arent within driving range of the shop for tuning and reflashing then the SMT-6 is going to be the best option. If you get one from dmdicks then it will come with a base map already in it and you can tune from there, not to mention there are lots of people on the Hyundai forums that have vast knowledge with the SMT and its tuning capabilities for anyone to strap one on their car and make it work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.