$500 to ship bumpers???
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: $500 to ship bumpers???

In da game for a while... DAILLESTWUN has not yet proved knowledgeable DAILLESTWUN's Avatar

Exclamation $500 to ship bumpers???

Ok I need some help guys. I recently bought an EvoIII front bumper and Evo IV rear bumper for my GT. In the original sale on E-bay he said shipping would be about $91.00 or sumthing. He was supposed to send it today and this is what he sent me...

"Item: BODY KIT FOR 2001-2003 HYUNDAI ELANTRA GT HATCHBACK (7997288650)
    This message was sent after the listing closed.
    jover3383 is the seller.

I went to UPS to mail this package today and they told me they'll charge $500.00 to ship it because it has to be shipped as freight after they told me on the phone last week that they'd **** it UPS Ground. After contacting Pitt Ohio and FedEX I can have this item shipped for $160.82 through Pitt Ohio Express and $161.03 through Fed Express. You paid $90.79 for shipping already so please let me know what you want to do. You can send me the difference and I'll mail this out as soon as I receive payment or if you decide you don't want this kit anymore I will understand. Sorry about the problem. Thank you!"

So is this right or is he trying to scam me? I don't think it would cost so much for 2 bumpers...the sideskirts are not included. Can someone who has shipped this size before help me. Or someone with better knowledge...He's shippign from Winchester, VA. Maybe if someone close to there can help me...PLEASE!!!!!! Thanks

P.s. I didn't know if to put this in the Flame or Help section. So Mods move this to where it should go and where I will get the most help.. Thanks again
    First Elantra to ever have an Accord CAI!!!
    (Routed through the fender)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGLS
    HVAC in the door!?!?!?! That's awesome. You should put one in the passenger side door and then you can tell people you have dual climate control.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Default Re: $500 to ship bumpers???

I smell fishyyyyy. Be careful.

cluless!!!!! ilanpro can identify a wrench ilanpro's Avatar

Report him to Ebay and do a charge back

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

when angelbaby shipped me her bodykit(4 pieces) it was a total of about $450 to ship
    Last edited by clarion; 09-12-2005 at 07:10 PM.

Administrator SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS's Avatar

$160 doesn't seem too much actually, but it still sucks that he is trying to get you for the charges. I'm an hour east of Winchester, but I don't think I'd be of any help.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    JustDonkeys: All the donkey news, info and fun you could want. Or on Twitter @JustDonkeys.

In da game for a while... DAILLESTWUN has not yet proved knowledgeable DAILLESTWUN's Avatar

Ok I understand the $160 but $500.00?? I've never heard of any shipping costs that high. Anyway, the point is that he is charging me the difference after I already paid him. I understand he will miss out on $60 something dollars but a final sale means it's a final sale. I think he should have done more research before posting a price.

I might just see if he sends the bodykit anyway for the original price. If not, should I ask for my $$ back and still report him to Ebay?? Or just get the refund and leave him a bad feedback?

I'm also going to check in my office to see how much it costs to ship those items from here to Winchester. Luckily I used to work in the mailroom so I have access to the computers there...

Anyone else with any ideas???

HVAC in the door!?!?!?! That's awesome. You should put one in the passenger side door and then you can tell people you have dual climate control.

Senior Member Gomez has not yet proved knowledgeable

why don't you call UPS or Fedex yourself and get a quote? Can't you estimate the dimensions and weight?

ps - I had a guy ship the stock spoiler from his M3 from NY to Ohio and it was only $30. It didn't weigh much...just to give you an idea.

Bleh RedScorp has not yet proved knowledgeable

The problem with these things being shipped is not that they weigh a lot but they're not stackable, and they are very large. This all means that whomever you use to ship it gets to use up that less stacking space on their truck. So we the consumer has to pay. $500 is simply uacceptable unless it's shipping from Cali to Maine or something and even then I'd question it. $160 seems about right.

Ask for the shipping dimensions and weight and inquire with UPS and Fedex yourself. In either case I'd be upset he stated one shipping price and it's not close to correct. $20 over maybe, but not $410.

I measured my bumpers and added a little more to it last night. I'm going to go downstairs now to our Computer used solely for UPS shipping and then to the one used for Fedex and see what I get...I just don't think I should be held responsible for his mistake ya know...

Quote Originally Posted by clarion
    when angelbaby shipped me her bodykit(4 pieces) it was a total of about $450 to ship
    Geeze, you guys know how to get ripped off.

Or perhaps no one knows how to ship a bumper.

Use Fedex. UPS isn't in the business of shipping large pieces like that.

Better yet, tell the dude to stuff it and get your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Phiber
    Geeze, you guys know how to get ripped off.

Or perhaps no one knows how to ship a bumper.

Use Fedex. UPS isn't in the business of shipping large pieces like that.

Better yet, tell the dude to stuff it and get your money.

I agree but I think he might just be trying to get more $ for the sale. Or maybe I'm wrong. But the Paralegal I work with told me he has to eat it and send me the bumpers since he already quated me a price ya know. I'm just goign to find out how much it really costs and send him a packing slip once he refunds me the $90.00. We get a discount here anyway...

it sounds to me like an honest mistake, since he did offer to refund your money.

Well I found out that if he sends it in 2 boxes it will come out to about $48.00 each so thats not bad. He wasn't scamming me just made a mistake so I am not holding it against him. He is being helpful and will send it in 2 boxes....I'll keep you guys updated

God its a small world....I called that same guy about two weeks ago and asked if he would part with the rear bumper only....he said he would let me know! LOL Hey man, you got a good deal...plus I talked to him on the phone and he seemed like a nice guy....I live in Manassas and Winchester is a hop skip away....GOOD LUCK.

Yeah we've pretty much straightened things out so it's cool for now..I'll let u guys know after I call him tonight..Cross your fingers for me lol

+ Reply to Thread