KeWLKaT's Steps
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: KeWLKaT's Steps

Ninja Super Mod KeWLKaT knows a lot about Elantras KeWLKaT's Avatar

Default KeWLKaT's Steps

Old Turbo Kit is now sold.

Ordered the Alpine entry level kit without decompression plate. I want to remain with stock compression to not lose power in the lower RPMs, since I will be keeping the same boost it is wastegated at (~8psi).

Here is the reply I got today:

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine
    The kit is currently being build and I will be ready to ship early next week. I will forward you the tracking number once I receive it.

Now... For all the people who can help me I have a few things:

- I think I'm going to go with a simple DSM 1 G BOV (yes, the one I had and sold and now regretting ) I don't want to buy a replica and leak boost. A Cheap, real BOV, IMO, is better than an expensive, fake BOV. Comments?

- Looking for an intercooler now... What dimensions should I need? I am going for something around 8 inches tall or so, but what's the width that I need? (Mahonroy?)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
    Last edited by KeWLKaT; 03-09-2006 at 11:12 AM.

'02 Elantra GT
    '04 Suzuki Katana 600

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Player to be named later Doohickie has picked up a wrench Doohickie's Avatar

Default Re: KeWLKaT's Steps

You're nuts! I hope it works. You're a braver man that I am.
    Make an ELANTRAXD decal the next mod to your Elantra. Become a Pro Member today.

Super Moderator hyunelan2 knows a lot about Elantras hyunelan2's Avatar

FYI: That allen-bolt on the driver's side of the head is a MFer to remove. Most people have had to drill out the center to remove it. Just thought I'd give you a heads-up.
    • Past: 2002 Elantra GLS (sold in 2010), 2003 Tiburon GT (Sold in 2014)
    • Present: 2004 Santa Fe GLS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Arc, 2010 Suzuki Equator Sport
    • Future: ????

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Yeah, I had heard about that, but after doing multiple searches on NT.com, apparently all you have to do is get the engine hot, and then remove the bolt.

Either way, I have an extractor

Thanks for the concern though!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

'02 Elantra GT
    '04 Suzuki Katana 600

Good luck with everything. I will be following closely to see how it all goes!

I really hope this works out as well as you are hoping with all the tuning you talk about, show everyone what you mean and have a sick xd driving around montreal to show for your hard work!

Poster God CTele02 has not yet proved knowledgeable CTele02's Avatar

So whats the expense so far on parts (price run down on each piece and where ya found them for others to reference) and are you getting it professionally installed or doing it completely yourself (for free)?
    Last edited by CTele02; 12-05-2005 at 07:39 PM.

Now: 2006 Subaru Legacy
    Rota Slipstreams For Sale

your install is going to be alot bigger than mine, my kit looks like a baby now

what are you tapping the coolant line for?
    Last edited by clarion; 12-05-2005 at 09:01 PM.

Superfly TnT, Guns of ... ArunSenior04 knows about Elantras ArunSenior04's Avatar

Yea, how much did all that stuff run you?

:sheds tear:
    They grow up so fast....
    LOL
    I am openly BLACK. it is cool to be different 1 of 5 black members on this forum

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS (COTM Dec. '06) - RIP
    2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Calf...Ankles...Cankles!! evan938 knows a lot about Elantras evan938's Avatar

honestly, a 3" exhaust may be too big. if youre getting mandrel bends, go w/ a 2.5", itll be good for up to 400 hp easy. with a 3", you risk hitting a boost spike, over-boosting, and possibly blowing your motor.

dont tap your block for oil return. tap the oil pan at the top. this will a) not ruin your block b) be easy to reverse if/when you sell, youll just need a new oil pan c) be a TON easier. the oil pan has plenty room to have an oil return line

make sure you have some extra $ on hand (500$) because you WILL be making countless runs to the store for dumb parts...trust me, me and nick (dweet) did it while turbo'ing his rd2
    local forum post, users mom is an actual meth-head
    In the last convo i had with my Birth Giver. After I confronted her on leaving me for dead 17years prior to pursue a life of drugs and prostitution she seriously said "Rhett, there is nothing wrong with sucking cock for crack god damn it!!"

@robs02elantra:

Thanks man, I hope so also Next year comes you car

@Ctele02 and Arunsenior....

Price breakdowns... (CAN$)

I basically got a (partial) custom kit from some local guy with an RD. This included all the big parts like the manifold, turbo, exhaust, pipes, fuel delivery system (which I will not use) and a couple more goodies for around 2000$

Apart from that,

SMT-6 - 340$ new (local)
    Boost controller - 50$ (local)
    Injectors - 250$ (Kspec)
    Gauges- 50-80$ EA, some came with the kit, some from eBay
    Oil lines and fittings - 75$ (local)
    Misc gaskets, couplers, clamps, piping - 150$

Plus I wil be reselling the FMU and injectors that came with the kit, looking to get a minimum of 400$ for that, so, in total, I think it comes close to 2500$.

I have a little extra left "just in case".

@Clarion:

I need to tap into the coolant lines because my turbo is watercooled also.

@evan:

The only reason I got 3" is because the guy gave me his exhaust with his kit. The DP being 2.5" (right size), I am not worried about boost creep, and also the fact that my WG is internal helps a little to give me that piece of mind. Also, keep in mind that I have a boost controller attached to the BOV, so, even if I experience boost creep, it will be evacuated into the atmosphere

'02 Elantra GT
    '04 Suzuki Katana 600

Poster God CTele02 has not yet proved knowledgeable CTele02's Avatar

You Canadians and your play money... jfwy. Thanks for the info. 2500CAN = 2,162.25 USD.

Now: 2006 Subaru Legacy
    Rota Slipstreams For Sale

LOL You're funny

No problemo for the info.

And for information's sake, this SSA manifold has flawless welds, I don't know why you guys hate them so much. The runners aren't messy like on their headers.

'02 Elantra GT
    '04 Suzuki Katana 600

Next year my car indeed!! I've started saving for a car for my wife, and enquiring about increase in Insurance for a second car, so that I can go crazy on the XD without having to worry about it being reliable enough for my wife.

the world ends dec21 2012 Estopatitiana has not yet proved knowledgeable Estopatitiana's Avatar

i think the 3" exhaust will be fine, i doubt youll be running over 250whp, im anxiouse to see some dyno numbers
    shark racing cai/ 65mmtb/4-1header/full exhaust/ebay muffler/ 17x7 adr sokudo's w/ 225/45 bf goodrich g-force sport's, ground wires/reverse glow guages/ngk plug wires/pcv seperator 15inchsub,pioneerdeck,cleartailight mod, angle eye+painted silver headlights,custom grille+phenolic spacer

If I pass the 200 whp mark nicely, tuned on 94 octane, I will be very happy.

Then come the air flow mods.

Installation comes during holiday vacations. Most probably around the first week of January, and the tuning will be done asap with wideband O2 dyno sheets.

'02 Elantra GT
    '04 Suzuki Katana 600

if he has a tiburon. the exhaust is going to take more work trying to get it to fit (remember, tibs exhaust comes out on the drivers side) than just getting a good 2.5" for your car. you can still hit boost spike w/ a 2.5" dp and 3" exhaust. i think its just overkill, and will be too much. 2.5" exhaust will also be a little bit lighter due to less material, and again, will be good for well over 400hp
    In the last convo i had with my Birth Giver. After I confronted her on leaving me for dead 17years prior to pursue a life of drugs and prostitution she seriously said "Rhett, there is nothing wrong with sucking cock for crack god damn it!!"

It's all good man.

I'll see.

Also, bro, i don't know where you got the info that the tib exhaust comes out from the driver's side...

the exhaust is very similar if not identical to the xd's.

two guys on my forum did the swap with minimal modification needed, and i will try to reproduce that.

'02 Elantra GT
    '04 Suzuki Katana 600

...as listed on ebay for a 97-01 exhaust.

the bend makes it go to the drivers side. ive seen a few lately like that. i guess they go both ways. either way, good luck making it fit

KDM to JDM. Keyan can identify a wrench Keyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evan938
    ...as listed on ebay for a 97-01 exhaust.

the bend makes it go to the drivers side. ive seen a few lately like that. i guess they go both ways. either way, good luck making it fit

evan....the mid pipe is upside down.

MySpace/Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by someone on NJTuners.com
    never tell someone with a turbocharged elantra they cant do something
    Quote Originally Posted by OPZ View Post
    Keyan.

You are my ****ing hero.

no its not. look how it bends at the end. OVER the rear 'axle'

Closed Thread