*2.75" CAI w/ AEM bypass
*Odyssey battery w/clear battery bolt down bar
*NGK wires and plugs
*Color match painted headlight eyelids
*Color match painted taillight eyelids
*Color match painted wiper arms
*18" Konig Tantrums with 215/35/18 rubber
*Front and Rear Mussa strut bars
*ARK stainless steel catback (test fit with ARK and first installed in the U.S.)
*ARK short antenna
*One touch open & auto close sunroof relay
*Hella Angel Eye foglights with indash molded switch
*Rim color matched painted calipers
*Rim color matched drums
*KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors
*Clear sidemarkers
*Custom ground wires (made myself from copper Tweco T-46 lugs, #6 weld
cable, and shrink wrapped lug-wire crimping
*debadged
*JSpeed underdrive pulley
*OBX 4-2-1 Header
*3-way windshield washer nozzles
*Removed weatherstrip on back of engine bay
*and my 5 mph window stickers =P

Mods to come:

*New center caps for rims
*Racing seats front and rear
*Interior paint
*Stereo system
*Tibby swar bar and eurathane endlinks
*Gull wing front doors
*Suicide back doors
*Either Tien coilovers or lowering springs and KYB G-2 shocks
*R34 Body kit
*Mesh grill and front bumper
*Throttle body opening and powder coat

I'm sure there's other stuff I just don't remember right now.

EDIT: NEW PICS UPDATE!
The right dash picture popped the flash because it's really overcast out here this afternoon. So, the red appears brighter than it should. The left dash pic actually is pretty darn close to the actual shade of red I used. I plan on doing more this weekend if possible due to the rainy weather and the fact I'm moving. We'll see how it turns out but the interior painting is uderway. The doors will be done next and the dash will be finely touched up with some detail and more paint.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Well after my post about COTM entrants I knew my car had to be as immaculate as possible. Thankfully I'm both anal and OCD about the cleanliness of my car. So it was todays project after last night's post. It may be an econobox but I drive the best looking Hyundai around in my area that I've seen and I think I definately outclass the Hondas in looks. =) Gotta maintain that image =P

Special thanks to my very mechanicly inclined g/f whose both taught me a lot about working on my car and started me on this addictive modding trend with her past minitucking/show car experience. Thank you Rachel!!! Not to mention she also detailed the engine bay and back to blacked everything on the car.

And likewise, thank you guys for the wonderful website I've used over the past year to both inform myself and use to do what I've done to my car. Your help, praise, and patience with some of my rather noobish questions at times etc. has gotten this beauty as she is today.

#7 · (Edited)
Ok heres what I think.. The car is very clean and thats the way I like it, the engine bay is spotless, the wheels are nice, the front and rear eyelids are sweet. I dont like the plastic woodgrain dash, my car came with it and I sanded it down and painted it the color of the car. I think the muffler would look better if you cut the bumper and life the muffler up a little bit (the ark exhaust system is a great deal and its made very well). I also think you should lower the car.

Good work :thumbsup:

#10 ·
I agree with 03SilverBullet about cutting the bumper to be able to compress everything a little bit. That car is extremely nice looking. I don't mind the woodgrain but depending of how much further you go with modding, paint may be a good option. All together one sweet ride.

#14 ·
RedScorp said:
Special thanks to my very mechanicly inclined g/f whose both taught me a lot about working on my car and started me on this addictive modding trend with her past minitucking/show car experience. Thank you Rachel!!! Not to mention she also detailed the engine bay and back to blacked everything on the car.
Dude,ain't it awesome to have a g/f thats into modding cars just as much as you are. :bowdown:
Your car is clean cut,I like the eyelids and tail eyelids.Got me thinking bout a new mod! I love them rims
I agree with most about the woodgrain dash...not my style but hey,to each his own.

#15 ·
Listed in my mods to come is interior paint. I like the woodgrain when I bought the car because it offset the dark and somewhat confining feel of the interior if it had been totally dark vinyl.

Currently I'm not sure what color I want to carry through the interior. I think I may go with red because I think it would contrast the dark grey really nicely. Then I could also change my speedo cluster and install the tibby multigauge with the red illumination.

Also doing my research on lowering springs too. I want to make a good choice the first time around. I'll be lowering the front about 1.5 - 2 inches and the rear about an inch.

So many plans, so little money. =P

#18 ·
I love that color, it's probably my favorite of all the XDs.

Ok, my thoughts about the comments above:

Woodgrain's gotta go, but you're working on that. CF doesn't go with your motif, I would stick to painting, but if you do red, don't do a bright red it'll stick out too much.

Don't cut your bumper for the muffler, having holes cut in your car looks like crap. Very unclassy.

You def. need springs, but you're looking into that already. Are those eyelids clearcoated? They don't look as shiney as the rest. (now I'm getting really picky, becasue the car is really, really good - so I'm reaching for comments).

#22 · (Edited)
hyunelan2 said:
I love that color, it's probably my favorite of all the XDs.

Ok, my thoughts about the comments above:

Woodgrain's gotta go, but you're working on that. CF doesn't go with your motif, I would stick to painting, but if you do red, don't do a bright red it'll stick out too much.

Don't cut your bumper for the muffler, having holes cut in your car looks like crap. Very unclassy.

You def. need springs, but you're looking into that already. Are those eyelids clearcoated? They don't look as shiney as the rest. (now I'm getting really picky, becasue the car is really, really good - so I'm reaching for comments).
I'm staying away from CF because that's what everyone else does...it's already on everything and I want to actually contrast the interior not the opposite.

About the paint scheme...red will be used very sparingly. The dash will be silver and little things like the vents will be red to contrast the silver. Kinda get what I'm saying? And the paint period will not be overused...I'm doing select things in the car and that's it. Nothing too drastic, and nothing dumb. =)

Unfortunately, when I lower the car I'm going to have to raise the exhaust. It already scrapes a little sometimes so if I drop the car 1.5" it will do it more no matter how careful I am with my angles. It's just an inevitable thing.

Oh and yes the eyelids front and back are clearcoated. They have 2 coats each minimum. I'm not sure why they aren't as shiny as the rest of the car.

Tricked said:
Looks good! Are those eyelids painted on like the tails?
Yes they are painted. The company I found to make me a can of aerosol did a really good job. =)

Update on mods list...

When I start pulling the dash and center console out for disassembly, cleaning, masking, and painting, I'll probably be taking the HVAC out and rewiring it under the center console and mounting it into the lower storage area of the arm rest. So that's another mod I hope to take care of this weekend if the rain stays away.

Also, in the HVAC's place I'll be looking around for a stationary TFT screen to install. I'm guessing I'll be needing to look for the big ol' double din bahemoths since I don't want a flip up style because it will still leave a void in the dash. Additionally, my g/f says she has a DVD player lying around the house so I'm not sure on the status of that but we'll see. Otherwise I'll be hardmounting my PS2 into the car which will provide me full DVD function as well as whatever gaming I may want to make people believe I'd do in the car.

I'll take pictures of course, but everything this weekend is weather depending.

And thank you guys for all your compliments, critiques, etc. It's definately motivation to keep going forward with a clean ride. Who needs a honda when you can have a HYUNDAI!!! =)

#23 ·
Well I painted some of the interior today after the rain tapered off. Unfortunately, my g/f forgot her camera at my house but took her computer firewire cord home last weekend and forgot to bring it down this weekend so I have no pictures to show. It turned out really well though! I swear! =) Only the dash got done so there is no more woodgrain. Next weekend we're going to paint the doors, glove box, and rewire the HVAC face to the center armrest when we pull the center console out and paint that as well.

We stuck with the silver and red, but chose a more maroon red. I wasn't sure how the red would turn out but after everything was reinstalled I was surprised how the darker red went really well with the dark grey of the dash.

On a side note I did find that from the factory, one of the screws that holds the HVAC unit in place is stripped so I'll have to remove one of the ears and figure out how to remove the screw after that.

And I'll go ahead and just do this to myself until I get the pictures uploaded next weekend...

:worthless

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.