Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Interior Dash Pictures - comments

45K views 55 replies 27 participants last post by  Transport00 
#1 ·
Re: Interior Dash Pictures

^ do you have seat covers? if so... not good idea. they are cautioned against because of the SI airbags...

#2 ·

very nice job! duplicolor is the paint company that i swear by for all of my painting needs!

and if you want to add to the blue interior scheme... go to www.autolumination.com and get the blue 194 matrix LED bulbs in blue (those are for the map lights, i dont know about the dome light).

#4 ·

autolumination is the only site that i get my bulbs from... i love them and the speed of shipping, check out the seller feedback. since i wrecked my sedan, i went from the blue lighting scheme (my sedan) to a red one (in my sedan) check out The Raven under search sometime...

anyway... lets see more dash pics!

#7 ·

Take it off. The tape method never turns out as good. If you were to spend all the time to perfectly tape-off everything - you could have removed the pieces 2-3 times in that same amount ot time.

#8 ·

NY2002ElantraGT said:
for the 02-03 GT, did you guys have to pop everything out of the dash or did you just tape it off? im thinking about doing my interior red now. everyones looks great!

im looking to swap out my entire red painted interior pieces. i will also include 8 more new cans (never used) of the red paint as well as 4 cans of the clear. even trade, only you pay shipping both ways.

btw, each can of red was 11.00.

there is 4 coats of color and 2 coats of clear on all the trim pieces.

figured i would throw this out there.

#13 ·

2loud2k2xd said:
im looking to swap out my entire red painted interior pieces. i will also include 8 more new cans (never used) of the red paint as well as 4 cans of the clear. even trade, only you pay shipping both ways.

btw, each can of red was 11.00.

there is 4 coats of color and 2 coats of clear on all the trim pieces.

figured i would throw this out there.

no thanks on the swap... im not gonna paint asa much as you, im just gonna do a small piece on the doors. thanks for the offer, shippind would suck and having everything apart for a few days wouldnt work for me. I think im gonna get some krylon paint this weekend and make an attempt.

#15 ·
2loud2k2xd said:
no prob man, i figured id save you a good days of prep and paint work.
is that how long it took you? damn thats gonna suck. im thinking about just painting the bezel, and the piece around the window buttons. dunno how that would look

#20 ·

I need an honest opnion...which color would look best to paint the interior panels?
I was thinking silver to match the exterior, but i was also thinking a midnight blue or navy blue...but that might be too much blue. I just can't choose. =(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.