EvoFusion CAI
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EvoFusion CAI

Default EvoFusion CAI

Hey all just letting you know that I installed the evofusion cai in my 03 gls with an aem valve installed. I didn't notice much of a power boost but acceleration is definately different, I like that air sucking sound that you hear when you first start up the car but not the ricey sound it makes when I accelerate too fast. Does evofusion's cai normally have that welding splatter on the inside of the tube? seems kinda shoddy workmanship to me, on the outside it's ala shaven and clean looking but in one part of the tube there is some welding "drip" or spatter there, I guess I can take it to a machine shop to clean it up later. I did have to enlarge the hole near the fender but I just used a heavy hammer to pound it in just enough to let the tube through so no cutting was involved.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Default Re: EvoFusion CAI

Senior Member pjc6281 has not yet proved knowledgeable pjc6281's Avatar

Yea it does, they had to weld tha angle in to get around the master cylnder... I saw that on the one i bought, kinda ghetto but beggers cant be choosers. You have to reset your battery to let the ecu relearn the new air adjustment. Take the neg terminal offf the battery for 5 mins and hit the brake

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

no problem about the ecu reset since I had to remove the battery for a few hours to get the old airbox out in the first place lol! Well like I said above, next time I have some free time I will take that secion of tube to a shop to have them shave it smooth or I might try to do it myself with a dremmel. It would have been nice to know about the ghetto splatter in the tube before I spent $175 for it, I could have gone somewhere else, hell I ordered the blue one but that was out of stock so they sent me the gunmetal one instead, used a hacksaw to cut the tube to put the aem valve in, its nice of them to include a template

btw I will include pics if I can but I don't have a camera to take pics with.
    Last edited by Soron; 06-04-2006 at 12:51 AM.

Acountabilibuddy ricerrx7 knows a lot about Elantras

Quote Originally Posted by Soron
    I didn't notice much of a power boost but acceleration is definately different,
    Huh? If you didn't notice more power, than what about the acceleration is different? Also, you don't need to pull the negative terminal and pump the brake to reset the ECU! You just need to pull the underhood fuse for two seconds, or install a switch to cut the ECU's power like I did.
    Flying spaghetti monster loves you...

I am openly an *******. 1 of 3251 *******s on this forum.

Well I had to remove the battery to install the pipe so the ecu reset would happen either way, whats the point of pulling the fuse when the battery will be out for an hour or two anyways? what I ment about power was I was expecting something to throw me back in the seat type of thing but I didnt get that feeling, all I got was slightly faster acceleration but with no real power gain behind it if that makes any sense to you. I did notice that the rpm's for freeway driving dropped about 200-300 rpm from normal since the install driving at the same speed, so I know I am at least going to get the gas savings I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Soron
    . I did notice that the rpm's for freeway driving dropped about 200-300 rpm from normal since the install driving at the same speed, so I know I am at least going to get the gas savings I was looking for.
    reduced RPMs How does that happen? please explain how installing a CAI could change the gearing of your transmission.

Superfly TnT, Guns of ... ArunSenior04 knows about Elantras ArunSenior04's Avatar

Well if your car is making more power than before, the engine wouldnt have to strain as hard to maintain the same speed as before. Hence the lower RPMS.
    I am openly BLACK. it is cool to be different 1 of 5 black members on this forum

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS (COTM Dec. '06) - RIP
    2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Auto or stick? And if your car is accelerating faster, then it has more power...

Junior Member rubenz has not yet proved knowledgeable

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSenior04
    Well if your car is making more power than before, the engine wouldnt have to strain as hard to maintain the same speed as before. Hence the lower RPMS.
    are the wheels not spinning as much to go the same speed as before?
    that's the only way it's going to change.

this cai sounds like a POS, it gives better acceleration without giving a boost in hp, and it drops your cars rpms compared to before at any given speed.

Full Member ExemptedNut has not yet proved knowledgeable ExemptedNut's Avatar

what difference would the wheels spinning make on lower rpm's at the same speed? the rpm's are based off the rotation of the crank in the engine not the rotation of the wheels every minute

Full Member 02_Elantra has not yet proved knowledgeable 02_Elantra's Avatar

It's a CAI not a turbo so I dont know why you would expect that much of a difference in power out of it ... I have the Evo Fusion CAI too and I noticed the welds on the inside and I also thought that it made it look kinda crappy but since the pipe is 2.75 inches and most of the others are 2.5 inches I guess it works out. spending the money on getting them removed / cleaned up isn't going to give you the power gains that you are looking for, in my opinion that would be a waste of money. just my 02 cents on the subject

Quote Originally Posted by ExemptedNut
    what difference would the wheels spinning make on lower rpm's at the same speed? the rpm's are based off the rotation of the crank in the engine not the rotation of the wheels every minute
    Wow. Let's say in fifth gear at 70mph you're at 3000rpm. The only modifications you can do to change this are different overall diameter of wheels/tires, or changing the gearing of the trans. Adding an intake in no way is going to be able to change what the engine speed is at a given wheel speed.

Superfly TnT, Guns of ... ArunSenior04 knows about Elantras ArunSenior04's Avatar

^incorrect.

Another mod that lowers RPMS is a ground wire kit. At idle, my car idles 200-300 rpms lower now because of the mod.
    I am openly BLACK. it is cool to be different 1 of 5 black members on this forum

2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS

We're talking about driving, not idling.

Quote Originally Posted by 02_Elantra
    It's a CAI not a turbo so I dont know why you would expect that much of a difference in power out of it ... I have the Evo Fusion CAI too and I noticed the welds on the inside and I also thought that it made it look kinda crappy but since the pipe is 2.75 inches and most of the others are 2.5 inches I guess it works out. spending the money on getting them removed / cleaned up isn't going to give you the power gains that you are looking for, in my opinion that would be a waste of money. just my 02 cents on the subject
    What I want to accomplish by cleaning it up is two-fold, first off it would definately smooth out airflow (smoother instead of turbulent is good) and second it looks more professional than having drip/splatter everywhere where the weld is.

On the rpm drop note, I noted my rpm range as 2-2.2k (something I got used to looking at for weeks on end) when I drive around 55-60 mph before the install, after the install it dropped to less than or about 2k (around 1.9k) going 60-65 mph, if that isn't a decrease in rpm's going at a faster speed I don't know what is. (I also have the grounding upgrade as well which also helps with milage)

turbo envy only1db has picked up a wrench only1db's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSenior04
    ^incorrect.

Another mod that lowers RPMS is a ground wire kit. At idle, my car idles 200-300 rpms lower now because of the mod.
    dude i hope your joking....if your not you need to be banned...there is nothing about any other mod that will make a difference to the tranny and other rotating parts to make lower rpms at the same speed...except those made to those rotating parts!

Silver Certified Tech turned Sonographer! and blogger?? check it out!!

http://allthingshyundai.blogspot.com/

Veloster Turbo is in the future....

LOL. I still dont get it tho, how can he be getting lower rpms than? I kno that through some of my mods, my car's rpms, at certain speeds, are a bit lower (200-300 rpms) than stock.

2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS

+ Reply to Thread