bypass logic for defrost a/c
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bypass logic for defrost a/c

Newbie Magister has not yet proved knowledgeable Magister's Avatar

Default bypass logic for defrost a/c

When you turn the knob on defrost, it automatically turns the a/c on (it keeps the LED off) and put the recirculation on "outside air".

To bypass the automatic logic, put the knob in defrost, and press the "recirculate" button 5 times in less than 3 seconds, the LED will blinks to notify you changed mode.

Now when you set the knob on defrost, you can control the a/c on or off pressing the button.

PS: I know it was a "mod" before, but now it's in the manual!
    E chu ta!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Default Re: bypass logic for defrost a/c

Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    When you turn the knob on defrost, it automatically turns the a/c on (it keeps the LED off) and put the recirculation on "outside air".

To bypass the automatic logic, put the knob in defrost, and press the "recirculate" button 5 times in less than 3 seconds, the LED will blinks to notify you changed mode.

Now when you set the knob on defrost, you can control the a/c on or off pressing the button.

PS: I know it was a "mod" before, but now it's in the manual!
    This was discussed some time ago on one of the boards. I forget which one though. I think I mentioned it when I took the new model class or when I reprogrammed the HVAC on my car.

"Childhood is measured by sounds and smells and sights before the dark hour of reason grows"John Betjeman

+ Reply to Thread