• Audio/Video/Security

Votes: 63 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.5%

What was your first mod?

52K views 119 replies 97 participants last post by  Elantra2005 
#1 ·
What was your first mod?

Pick the category and post the actual mod.

#117 · (Edited)
For our 2008 Elantra GLS, mods are:
- Replaced factory "too dim" H11B bulbs with H9 Wire connectors and installed modified H9 bulbs. Re-aimed low beams afterwards as well. Much better lighting for my dark country roads.
- Installed front window Rain / Wind deflectors. Used the simple 3M sticky version. During hot summer temps, I can now leave front windows down 1" and not worry about rain entry. This keeps its insides much cooler while parked as well.
- HD rear sway bar - from Elantra touring model. re: https://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com/hyundai_elantra_rear_sway_bar.html
- Bought / installed longer contact rubber for its engine hood alarm switch. re: http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=151740

These are the only factory improvements our little GLS "run about" needs.

#118 · (Edited)
On the XD2, Technically my first mod would be the stereo, i had it out in about 48 hours after rolling her off the lot, had amp and speakers within weeks.
With the ST, i left it bone stock for a few months, then i did a new stereo, accented floor mats, door jam and console mats and threw on rally mudflaps.
It took me a good 6+ months before i did anything drastic, and over a year to even upgrade the speakers!

I went to the start to see why i couldn't vote on the pool only to realize this was a thread started by the original site founder back in 07.
Nice it keeps getting res'd!

#119 ·
Yup. Hopefully people add to this page for years to come.

So we had the same first mod. I think that would be my first mod for almost all cars. It was my first in both the XD and XD2. I replaced both head units within days of owning them. I hate most factory head units.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.