whats up
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats up

Default whats up

Hey everyone,
    My name is Jon and I just bought a 2002 elantra. Im new at this whole performance web page member stuff. I got a quick question; what do I do to give my 5 speed elantra a little more POWER. Cold air intake? Also, is a cold air intake safe? I mean, is it possible to screw up your mass air flow sensor?..Anyways, Im your all's mercy...Just give me some ideas on what to do..thanks again....peace

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Calf...Ankles...Cankles!! evan938 knows a lot about Elantras evan938's Avatar

Default Re: whats up

intakes are good...as far as i know, the 01-03's (beat 2's) are MAP based so there is no MAF sensor...headers and exhaust would get you a few horses plus deepen the sound a little bit...there are a few free mods, throttle body coolant bypass. just look around, youll find a lot of stuff...if youre looking for places to buy stuff, you can get a 94-97 accord intake that fits pretty good...you can try hyundaiperformance.com , teamsr.org , sharkracing.com, kspec.com ...those would be some of the main places.

For sure go with the CAI, if u want to stay cheap you can get one off ebay(check the Accord Intake thread in the NA tuning section) or you can get an Evo Fusion intake from Team SR(I have it and I like it) or a Shark Racing Intake from Shark Racing .

Oh and Welcome to the site

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Sober Seinster has not yet proved knowledgeable Seinster's Avatar

Welcome to the forums!

What I suggest doing first is something called the air resonator removal mod (and recommended is a K&N panel filter installation as well).

This seems to really allows your engine to breathe a bit better, and sound a little gruntier as well.
    If that isn't enough, go for the full CAI.

Or else, the best 'bang for your buck' would be NOS.
    Last edited by Seinster; 09-02-2004 at 12:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread