The motorcycle thread: who rides motorcycles?? post pics, brand, style, ect. 56k nope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The motorcycle thread: who rides motorcycles?? post pics, brand, style, ect. 56k nope

circuit track whore 2loud2k2xd has not yet proved knowledgeable 2loud2k2xd's Avatar

Default The motorcycle thread: who rides motorcycles?? post pics, brand, style, ect. 56k nope

i know a few of us ride motorcycles. so post up what you ride, little info about your bike, what kinda of rider are you (street, track, cruiser, joy rider, stunter, ect), how long riding (either in yrs or miles), any aftermarket mods, and last but not least pics of you and the bike or just the bike (if you have some).

i ride street and circuit track. i preferr to ride twistie roads as well as hitting clover leaf on/off freeway ramps and round-abouts. i am an active member in redline superbike local crew/group. shes a black 2004 honda cbr 1000rr, fully modded and too much to list.

click here for K-sport coilover deal
    https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14992

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Not a n00b slyderdai knows about Elantras slyderdai's Avatar
    when Life gives you Lemons....Just add Vodka.

Default Re: the motorcycle thread: who rides motorcycles?? post pics, brand, style, ect. 56k

In the spring time I hope to have a Honda CBR 600 RR or a Yamaha R6. Of course it will be used and the only mods i will do to it will be visual. I'm not a fan of going extremely fast. 100mph on 2 wheels is plenty fast for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZIECRACKER View Post
    no buzzed does not count. u need to start a buzzed thread. this is the drunk thread please stay on topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    Your banning : Sponsored by EXD.

Final Fantasy 7=Teh Sex yamaha knows about Elantras yamaha's Avatar

Default Re: the motorcycle thread: who rides motorcycles?? post pics, brand, style, ect. 56k

Use to ride until I broke my left leg. And you look like a super dork Dave.
    Current Cars:
    Carless

Old Cars:
    1998 DragonFab Twin Engine Hyundai Tiburon
    1998 Accent Beta Swapped Turbo
    1998 Tiburon [email protected]/[email protected]
    2000 Elantra
    1986 Mazda RX7 LM7 Turbo

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Senior Member Slapshotman7 has not yet proved knowledgeable Slapshotman7's Avatar

This thread makes me sad in December. I hate snow!

I have a '06 Kawasaki Ninja 500R (Lime Green), Bought it new last June, put about 3.5k miles on it. Come spring I'm going to sell it/trade it in for the '08 Ninja ZX-6R.

I ride for fun, once I get some more experience I would love to do some track days, I also plan on stunting once I get a bike better suited for it.

And lastly, nice CBR!

circuit track whore 2loud2k2xd has not yet proved knowledgeable 2loud2k2xd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slyderdai View Post
    In the spring time I hope to have a Honda CBR 600 RR or a Yamaha R6. Of course it will be used and the only mods i will do to it will be visual. I'm not a fan of going extremely fast. 100mph on 2 wheels is plenty fast for me!
    go with the honda, im partial to honda's. and 100 mph on 2 wheels. come one man, i can do that in 1st gear almost. lol just bustin your chops man. the bike will ONLY go as fast as your right hand makes it. throttle controll, throttle controll, throttle controll.

as far as the track, the track will help you to become a better rider. it instills in your brain what you and your bike are capable of. i trust my bike 100% when riding on the streets and track. alot has to do with tires. but before my 1st track day, i didnt trust my bike nor its tires. 10000% confidience booster.

and thanks for the super nerd comment. i know. but i always wear my race gear, even when riding the streets. you never know when something might happen, and id rather be fully geared, than get shin grafts from my ars on my arms in case i go down.

post up some pics guys.
    Last edited by 2loud2k2xd; 12-24-2007 at 01:33 PM.

Senior Member alienman has not yet proved knowledgeable alienman's Avatar

Default Re: The motorcycle thread: who rides motorcycles?? post pics, brand, style, ect. 56k

Funny this thread should have came up... I am actually considering a bike for the spring. I have been looking at this

Mainly because I think it looks cool, the prices are good, and I kinda have always wanted a Harley...

Plus I am to fat for a crotch rocket..hahaha...

Default Re: The motorcycle thread: who rides motorcycles?? post pics, brand, style, ect. 56k

^^^v-twin bikes are a waste of cc's how do you pay for 1200cc's that isnt fast?? guess you just like making alot of noise lol j/k

hey there is no such thing as too fat for a sports bike, thats why they make busa's and 1400's so fat guys like us can keep up with the 750 bikes

Beta2 engine swap - I/H/E - 05' Beta2 tranny swap - ACT 6puck/Flywheel - Rotorpros D/S rotors
    3200watt Audiobahn Mono Amp - 2400watt Audiobahn 4channel amp

Administrator rckozma has picked up a wrench rckozma's Avatar

I thought I had a better pic than this, but I guess not, I will have to take some more soon.

2006 Harley NiteRod. Internals are pretty much stock. It is considered a sport cruiser. 1130cc's and the only Harley that is liquid cooled. Like everyone else that rides, I don't get to ride as much as I would like. If you consider my dirtbike experience, I have been riding since I was 10, so 20+ years. On the street I have 7+ yrs, but this is the first street bike I have actually owned. I am considering getting either the Busa II or the B-King soon.

Quote Originally Posted by optimoprime View Post
    ^^^v-twin bikes are a waste of cc's how do you pay for 1200cc's that isnt fast?? guess you just like making alot of noise lol j/k

That is just not right. If he likes the bike, he should get it. There is nothing worse than buying something that you don't want or like just to please someone else. If he did that than everytime he made his payment or went for a ride he would not be really happy.

I will say that before he buys it he should at least try it (although some dealers will not let you test ride, you can still rent it for a day just to see if you will like it).
    Last edited by rckozma; 01-19-2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
    Member # 7: 2003 Carbon Blue GT

"If you want to kick the tiger in his ***, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth." - Tom Clancy

Only a Biker Knows Why a Dog Sticks His Head Out of a Car Window.

^^x2
    buy what you like, after all, its you who will be paying for it and riding it. go and sit on as many bikes as you can. just sit on them. see how it feels, leg position, height of the bars, ect. and as far as the too fat comment, thats not true. i ride with a couple bigger guys. the bike wont even really notice. the only thing you need to change on a sportbike (if you weigh over 215lbs) is the suspension. you WILL need to have the front forks re-valved for your weight. cost about 150.00. and set up the rear shock. thats it. sportbike suspensions are set/made from the factory for an average rider of 150lbs to 225lbs max. any heavier and the forks need to be re-valved.

rock, please please for the love of sportbike riders everywhere, dont get a busa. yeah they have ungodly ammount of power, but you cant turn those fat pigs of a bike. whats the point of going 100mph, then when a corner comes and you have to brake/down shift to 30mph to make the corner. busa = 200whp useable only in straights, not turns. my bike = 161+whp, all useable power in straights and corners. to each their own tho.

and by the way, my last pic in post one, im working a sick *** lean angle there. im just still a little uneasy on sticking my knee out and scraping my knee pucks. gotta get over that real quick. self preservation is a 8itch. that and working on my body position more and ill be all set for next year.

The new Busa's are a lot better at cornering than the old ones. But yes they are a little bulky. I really don't plan on doing any track days, although I had kicked around the idea of getting either the 1000rr or a G'xer 1000. I just love the look of the Busa.

Also remember if you don't like the bars, they can easily be replaced and is about the cheapest mod you can do to a bike. You can also adjust ride height (although becareful on that because the lower you go the less turn you have). I believe on most bikes you can even adjust the peddle height to a certain level too.

"If you want to kick the tiger in his ***, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth." - Tom Clancy

Super Moderator Cypher knows a lot about Elantras Cypher's Avatar

Hah, you look like the Terminator or something Robert.
    2002 Hyundai Elantra: Sold
    1991 Nissan 240sx Hatch SR Swapped: Sold
    1992 Toyota MR2: Sold
    1991 Nissan 240sx Coupe: Future KA-T
    1999 Hyundai Tiburon: Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Hah, you look like the Terminator or something Robert.
    I installed the shotgun mount after this pic was taken....hahaha.

Poster God Tx_boy can identify a wrench Tx_boy's Avatar

Man my boy had a Suzuki TL1000R and that was a V-Twin. Man that think had mad torque and you just leaned on the throttle and the front tire would just stand up!!!!!!! The only thing I hated about it was it shook soooooooo much and with a metal plate in your hand it was not comfertable(spl?)!!!!!
    2011 Sonata SE
    Shimmering White
    6K HID
    Stock but Beautiful!!!

comfortable, close.

I should hopefully be getting a 2006 FZ6 this coming spring. I borrowed it from my friend in the summer for a week, and it was so much fun. I've got my license and I'm saving up. Not long to go now, just the whole winter. My friend is selling it because he's moving and getting a boat.

Rebuilding the XD CornbreadXD knows a lot about Elantras CornbreadXD's Avatar

im gonna get a bike in the srping, still up in the air for a selection, 90's ninja 500, honda nighthawk, honda vt500, or a gs500. any suggestions?
    87 Dodge Daytona Pacifica = Junkyard
    03 Hyundai Elantra XD = 8-30-07 R.I.P
    78 Datsun 280z = Resting
    03 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr = Driving
    03 Kawasaki Ninja 500 = Riding
    i bet my stock elantra will park you!

Too fat HAH!!! one of my friends is pretty big himself and is riding a rocket bike...hehe. He told me he took it to 140mph, but stopped there....I cracked a joke on him telling him if the wave effect was bothering him. lol
    There's a link to my page on myspace in the sig. He is the texan guy, wanna check a fat dude of a fast bike? well he should be a good example.
    I myslef want a cruiser bike, I sort of like the older ones. Likes 80's hondas...or something like that. But I haven't been allowed since my mother and father opposse to my idea. They know too many bad stories about bikes.

Senior Douche BobMs_wht2k2 knows a lot about Elantras BobMs_wht2k2's Avatar

Being at work I don't have any pics here, but mine is a '93 CB750 Nighthawk. I'm the 3rd owner, bought it with 3200 miles, now has 13k miles. I've had it for a little over 9 years.

I love this bike for many reasons, one of which it's easy and comfortable to ride. Great starter bike that's good for the long haul. Maintenance has consisted of a K&N filter that gets cleaned once a year, Mobil 1 oil and Honda filters and a set of plugs and one set of tires. That's it. Nothing else required. I can't stand honduh cars, but Honda makes some great bikes.

Wait, this *should* be a picture. . . if it's not please tell me.
    Last edited by BobMs_wht2k2; 12-27-2007 at 08:21 AM.

^^^^
    hell yeah bob.

never knew there were so many xd motorcycle riders on here.

and only got uip to 140mph. pffftttt. i hit 165 and almost shat myself. $hit went by way too fast. not sure how fast i get it on the circuit track. i tape over my speedo. but i top out 5th gear on the straight, and its a 6speed.

anyone got any mods on their bikes?

Senior Douche BobMs_wht2k2 knows a lot about Elantras BobMs_wht2k2's Avatar

I modded the airbox on the Nighthawk, mainly because there is no aftermarket support for it. Installed the K&N filter, then opened the top of the box to allow more air in from under the seat. I'll have to get a pipe before long, not for performance, but because the OE is starting to rust out!

Full Member Pase has not yet proved knowledgeable Pase's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tx_boy View Post
    Man my boy had a Suzuki TL1000R
    I dream about this bike every night!! maybe some day.. they are really rare here in quebec..... i'm searching a TL1000R 2000-2002 since about 2 years... still searching...

for the moment and since 3 years I ride a GSX-R600 1998.... did about 40000miles.. not bad if we consider that winter here is about 5-6 months.... I'm between joy rider cruiser and noobie stunter.. only do small nose wheely.. lol I only do street ride.. kind of quiet driver... always drive the speed limits... or almost... lol

here some pics of my bike... SUZUKI FTW!!!!! lol

Last edited by Pase; 12-28-2007 at 09:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread