Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Can't pass up the price

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  NovaResource 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
is you tucson the v6 or I4? because 20's on a I4 will be too heavy for it but if you got the v6 go with 20's

those 18's look very nice if you got the I4 go for it.

#5 ·
I think what he is saying that you probably want a more powerful vehicle if you are going to add a bunch of weight.

Anyhow, I don't know. Tricked, have you been to the Tucson forums? There are some nice ones out there.

Personally, I don't like aftermarket wheels much on small SUV/crossovers. If you could get some OEM Santa Fe 18's that would be nice, but we both know you won't find any for that cheap.

#9 · (Edited)
Personally, I don't like aftermarket wheels much on small SUV/crossovers. If you could get some OEM Santa Fe 18's that would be nice, but we both know you won't find any for that cheap.
I agree 100%. I've always liked using factory whees from other cars for my cars. For example, I have 17" Chrysler 300M wheels on my wifes Chrysler Voyager minivan:

I also agree that 18" Santa Fe wheels would look great on the Tucson. I recently purchased a Tucson and those are the exact wheels I'm looking to buy. Here's a photochop of what they (and 17" Tiburon wheels) should look like on my Tucson:

#6 ·
It an SE with the V6. It's my wife's, too. If I put 20's on it, that just means it will cost that much more to replace wheels. I want a little sidewall to the tires to and also maintain the proper circumference. Not to mention 20's cost like 4 times as much and the tire are hella expensive.
The 08 Sante Fe 18's are nice. If I could find some for less than $350, all would be good. I'm still searching for the Tucson forums.

#13 · (Edited)
The Veracruz 5 spokes are nice too, but since it's even newer than the Santa Fe it would be double hard finding some of those.
I agree. Both wheels are a little hard to find. The Santa Fe wheels are a little easier. I've seen a few on eBay but I haven't seen a single Veracruz 18" wheel on eBay yet. I personally like 5-spoke wheels better than 6-spoke but the Santa Fe wheels still look good.

I'm surprised at how well those Tiburon wheels look on that Tuscon.
So was I. The only down side is that they don't have TPMS sensors in them. The 2007-up Tib wheels do but they look different:

#16 ·
Yeah, I've seen dozens of 16" and 17" wheels on eBay. I don't want the 16's because that's the size that comes on the Tucson and I haven't found a set of 17's wheels that I like (other than the Tiburon 17' wheels).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.