CAI Advice
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CAI Advice

…It's not stock spoolinx86 has picked up a wrench

Default CAI Advice

I'm sorry for making a post like this, I know there are quite a few about intakes but I have looked up a few on eBay and looking for opinions because when it comes to moding performance parts I'm a total novice.

1) http://cgi.ebay.ca/04-05-06-2004-200...QQcmdZViewItem

2) http://cgi.ebay.ca/04-06-Hyundai-Ela...QQcmdZViewItem

3) http://cgi.ebay.ca/BOMZ-01-02-03-04-...QQcmdZViewItem

Any other brands/options are welcome.
    Last edited by spoolinx86; 06-18-2008 at 02:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Bo daddy justintodd has not yet proved knowledgeable justintodd's Avatar

Default Re: CAI Advise

I was looking at those 3 same intakes on ebay too and finaly decided on that BOMZ one (in blue though). It will be arriving and installed tomorrow, so ill let you know. Other than that, cant be of much help.

Super Moderator Qyn has information that can be trustedQyn has information that can be trusted Qyn's Avatar

Prest, these are all SRI, not CAI. A CAI would need access to outside air directly (COLD air), rather than air near the block. A good CAI runs around $120 - $170, with most I've seen clocking in around $160.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMs_wht2k2 View Post
    I once thought I was wrong. It turned out I was only mistaken. Hasn't happened since.
    Like what I'm saying? Use the Rep system and let me know! You can also follow my Twitter.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

theres no such thing as a "good" cai. no matter what u do... where u buy it... its JUST pipe and a filter. the intake itself should only cost about 40 bucks, and a filter if u chose to go with a different brand. the intakes that cost anything above a ebay cai for 40 bucks, ur just paying for the BRAND NAME, and nothing else. so do ur self a favor, and get an ebay cai, and stay away from spending *** loads of cash on those brand name rip offs.

hell, u cud make your own cai, just buy some straight pipes, and some angled pipes, and all u need is couplers and a filter. my cai was put together from a combination of different pipes ive had and collected since ive started modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Qyn View Post
    Prest, these are all SRI, not CAI. A CAI would need access to outside air directly (COLD air), rather than air near the block. A good CAI runs around $120 - $170, with most I've seen clocking in around $160.
    Yeah I didn't mean do say CAI, work+no sleep = dead brain :P
    Tried to edit the original post but you cannot change title.

Non the less, are any 1 of them okay to use?

Junior Member Masaker has not yet proved knowledgeable Masaker's Avatar

Default Re: CAI Advice

well if your looking for a cai go check ebay 94-97 accord they fit the elantras and they're like 10 bucks u.s plus shipping.
    |................Overnight.....................| ||
    |..............Parts From Korea............||'|";,___
    |_...._...._______________======||_|_|...,..]
    "(@)'(@)'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' *|(@ )'(@)***"(@)

Junior Member mesaboogie18 has not yet proved knowledgeable mesaboogie18's Avatar

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for an SRI for my 2005 GT and I decided to go with this one:

http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/b...cate=010403000

I was looking at the same ones as you on ebay too but I decided to go with the one from sharkracing.com since it was designed specifically for our car. It's more expensive than the ebay ones but it's $95 WITH shipping and handling already included.

Ultimate Post Whore cbogg knows a lot about Elantras cbogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie18 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for an SRI for my 2005 GT and I decided to go with this one:

http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/b...cate=010403000

I was looking at the same ones as you on ebay too but I decided to go with the one from sharkracing.com since it was designed specifically for our car. It's more expensive than the ebay ones but it's $95 WITH shipping and handling already included.
    Still, it's a pipe, a filter and a coupler. 95 bucks is a lot for that, esp when that's probably not the best filter you could be buying with that money. Do a little research, and you can probably buy the pipe, a better coupler, some t-bolt clamps, and a better filter for less than 100 bucks.
    Last edited by cbogg; 06-18-2008 at 10:57 PM.
    From AIM:
    Me: I get a day off during the week next week, woot!
    Derek: ooooh during the week? lucky you. I'd kill someone in front of their own mother for a day off during the week.

again, if u pay anything more than what u can pay for an ebay filter... your just wasting your money and instead, should send it to me. ill put it to good use, i know a few ladies would love that in their g-strings.

HAHAHAHAHA YOU BEEN HOSED. HAHAHAHA I made my own SRI for: Filter 25, Pipe 10, Fitting, .79, Couplers 14. = 49.79. I went with a good filter. I even got some cheap *** drier vent and made a CAI. With a little ingenuity you can do anything.

Post Re: CAI Advice

Quote Originally Posted by 2003GT View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA YOU BEEN HOSED. HAHAHAHA I made my own SRI for: Filter 25, Pipe 10, Fitting, .79, Couplers 14. = 49.79. I went with a good filter. I even got some cheap *** drier vent and made a CAI. With a little ingenuity you can do anything.
    you cant be hosed when your buying a real product compared to making one ... i bought mine off of evofusion and there 160 ... id rather pay more money for a good product regardless if its just pipe and filter ... and im happy with my choice cause its sounds like a beast with the exhaust i just installed

Quote Originally Posted by justintodd View Post
    I was looking at those 3 same intakes on ebay too and finaly decided on that BOMZ one (in blue though). It will be arriving and installed tomorrow, so ill let you know. Other than that, cant be of much help.
    I decided to get the blue one also last night. Let me know how the install goes.

My name is Aaron Vampyrate knows a lot about Elantras Vampyrate's Avatar

just to let you know: tubing is tubing. you can get anything you want save for duct tape and pvc piping for the car. the only difference is diameter size. for a true CAI the best "all around" is a 2.5" piping with 3" on the top end of performance (more throttle lag) and 2" for low end performance (faster throttle response).

for the SRI i dont think it really matters. its just a noise maker once the engine gets up to temperature pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGLS View Post
    Some problem with the Internet and Jesus not getting along or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGLS View Post
    There hadn't been a problem in weeks and then last night out of nowhere Jesus strikes again. Sorry kids.

Rotary Freak RotaMan99 has not yet proved knowledgeable RotaMan99's Avatar

I even got some cheap *** drier vent and made a CAI. With a little ingenuity you can do anything.
    Last I saw, that wasn't a "CAI". Dryer vent hose on the side of the filter? was that yours?

Yes I will get a pic up tomorrow to show what I Mean.

Junior Member hyundaiLKsunday has not yet proved knowledgeable hyundaiLKsunday's Avatar

If you're looking for silicone couplers & some nice t-bolt clamps, I'd recommend http://siliconestop.com/. I couldn't find a better price anywhere. The couplers are also 4-ply for less than 3-plys I've seen.

Damn I forgot the Pic. I will get it though. Its ingenious.

Here it is just for you rota man.

Full Member themarin8r has not yet proved knowledgeable

i've seen the dryer tubing thing done before, but its not the greatest idea as the tubing is pretty flimsy and can be bent rather easily

Ya not to mention i unravels like crazy. At least I didn't have to cut the opening in the fender. The tubing just was crushed a little.

+ Reply to Thread