drag strip advice
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: drag strip advice

dum de dum de dum vahyundai has not yet proved knowledgeable vahyundai's Avatar

Default drag strip advice

there is this dragstrip that im thinking of going to. so i have a couple of questions. warning some of them may seem stupid but its my first time and im too lazy to research it thoroughly.
    - do they let automatics race?
    - can i race with all the aftermarket stuff on my car ex: exhaust, cai?
    - do i need to wear a helmet?
    - do i have to have a roll cage in my car?
    thats it for now. thanks for any help.
    yawn....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Default Re: drag strip advice

in order of your questions.
    yes
    yes
    only after a speed/time that our elantras will never reach
    same as the one above

wouldnt be so positive about #3 because elantras can get into 13s and thats when you need a helmet at capitol raceway

Where are you goin to race? If you come to capitol I will come and meet you there. I come there a lot!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

i don't think my elantra will be that fast. i was thinking about old dominion speedway in manassass, but i don't know yet. when do u go to capitol?
    yawn....

Member Extraordinaire! blupupher has not yet proved knowledgeable blupupher's Avatar

1 and 2 are yes, 3 & 4 depend on the rules of the track.

19 second madman tharptroy has not yet proved knowledgeable tharptroy's Avatar

yes, they'll let you race. I think (at my track) its 13.99 or quicker requires a helmet, and 11.99 or quicker requires a roll cage. you wont need a helmet or a roll cage until you have some serious performance work done.
    "Setting up your car for autoX is like tuneing your car for parking." -liveforphysics

I go to capitol almost every friday. let me know when you gonna come and i'll meet you there

i looked at capitol's website. ill probably go there either this friday but most likely next friday. looks like a lot of people go there according to their website.
    yawn....

SH*T load of people go there! I was only able to get 3 runs last time I was there cuz it was so crouded. let me know when you will be there

Yes, go to Capitol. Maryland International Raceway is nice too but it is a little more expensive.
    Old Dominion is only 1/8 mile track. Good for working on launches but you can't really compare results with others b/c most people go to 1/4 mile tracks.

he has auto, there is no knowledge of how to launch your car.... power brake and then release brake pedal!

+ Reply to Thread