More AutoCross!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More AutoCross!

#4 Deviant knows a lot about Elantras Deviant's Avatar

Default More AutoCross!

This stuff is addicting. I'm still running the A/S Potenzas, Tirerack has Dunlop Z1's on sale though through their eBay page. $368 free shipping for 4. Anyone care to donate to the cause

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLtJth9hV9U[/ame]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

xd tunner mayollo072R has picked up a wrench mayollo072R's Avatar

Default Re: More AutoCross!

Dude that's awesome, I'm trying solos next year at the international speedway. But I will use R1 tires. and 300 ponies to have fun. Would like to donate but I'm currently 3k short to complete mine.

Administrator SuperGLS has information that can be trustedSuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS's Avatar

I didn't watch the whole thing, but cool. How do you feel the car holds up in the traditional slalom part of the course?

Also, they let you run with a cracked windshield?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    JustDonkeys: All the donkey news, info and fun you could want. Or on Twitter @JustDonkeys.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Focus Owner focusXD has picked up a wrench focusXD's Avatar

cracked winshield lets in more air to the cabin keeping the driver cooler and helping him under pressure.

Also, seems like you need more low end TQ, cam gears and playing with them (if you have them or get them that is). just to help ya out of the turns. buddy of mine does auto-x with a non-turbo wrx with just bolt on's mainly focused at low end TQ. does pretty damn good for a car that gets beat my my mazda on the drag
    By the way, still never owned an XD, got a Mazda P5

#4 Deviant knows a lot about Elantras Deviant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGLS View Post
    I didn't watch the whole thing, but cool. How do you feel the car holds up in the traditional slalom part of the course?

Also, they let you run with a cracked windshield?
    The Elantra pushes a lot in every corner. I've learned how to control the slides to better my times but it is hell on my tires. The slalom is easy if you get a good rhythm.

Yes they have never said anything about my cracked windshield.

Administrator SuperGLS has information that can be trustedSuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS's Avatar

I see. Well that's good then. I was just thinking back to Bob's post about him having a problem with a battery tray so I figured the windshield might be a problem.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    JustDonkeys: All the donkey news, info and fun you could want. Or on Twitter @JustDonkeys.

Newbie elantra666 has not yet proved knowledgeable

Here's what I did to combat understeer: stickier tires in the front than the rear, use significantly more negative camber in front than rear, upgrade to tib sway bar in the rear, overinflate rear tires. Any one of these things will help.

If you do them all, you can easily make your Elantra tail happy and prone to oversteer. Which is great fun (and teaches you car control) but limits your corner entry speeds and speed through l/r/l or r/l/r transitions.

A.K.A. ItalianSausage SilverElantra knows about Elantras SilverElantra's Avatar

ive thought about getting into autocrossing. it looks to be a lot of fun, but im just not comfortable with how low my car is, im afraid of doing damage taking sharp turns like that. ive debating getting into the local track races here though(not so local really)

turbo envy only1db has picked up a wrench only1db's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGLS View Post
    I see. Well that's good then. I was just thinking back to Bob's post about him having a problem with a battery tray so I figured the windshield might be a problem.
    i was thinking the same thing!

where did you place?

Silver Certified Tech turned Sonographer! and blogger?? check it out!!

http://allthingshyundai.blogspot.com/

Veloster Turbo is in the future....

+ Reply to Thread