2011 Hyundai Elantra First Look Consumer Reports
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 Hyundai Elantra First Look Consumer Reports

Administrator SuperGLS has information that can be trustedSuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS's Avatar

Arrow 2011 Hyundai Elantra First Look Consumer Reports

Overall they seem pleased. Some minor gripes about the interior.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    JustDonkeys: All the donkey news, info and fun you could want. Or on Twitter @JustDonkeys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Newbie silvergls has not yet proved knowledgeable silvergls's Avatar

Default Re: 2011 Hyundai Elantra First Look Consumer Reports

Their view on the Elantra is pretty fair and agreeable.

I do also wish the center a/c vents were mounted up higher. The radio and a/c controls could be closer but I do sort of like it mounted the way it is. Sometimes it's nice not having the dash wrapped too much around you. It gives the car a more comfortable and spacious feel, and the reach is not really that far.

Administrator SuperGLS has information that can be trustedSuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS's Avatar

Aren't the steering wheel controls sufficient? I guess they are only standard on the Limited though.

Also, does the voice control only work with your phone or also the radio? I can't remember from my last Sonata rental. Is this the same system as in the Sonata?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    JustDonkeys: All the donkey news, info and fun you could want. Or on Twitter @JustDonkeys.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Newbie silvergls has not yet proved knowledgeable silvergls's Avatar

The steering controls are great. The radio I have lacks the navigation and rear view camera and has the smaller screen. Could be more but that's the ones I've took note of. I do however have the bluetooth, mp3, ipod and usb features.

The bluetooth works with the radio and the controls are on the steering wheel. The voice control works through a microphone mounted on the headliner right next to the visor. However, for some reason it doesn't respond well to some commands. Maybe in need of a translator

Newbie dougert has not yet proved knowledgeable

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGLS View Post
    Also, does the voice control only work with your phone or also the radio?
    The voice control works for the phone, radio, and nav (if you have it), it will walk you through it if you press the voice control button on the steering wheel. The only complaint I have about the voice control is that if using it to dial a contact in your phone, you have to pronounce the exact, full name of the contact. Added complaint, it seems to only recognize "standard" english pronunciations (think of the way a computer would attempt to pronounce the name or word).

Thanks for the info. Yeah it's too bad that voice recognition doesn't work the way it "should." It'll get there though at some point.

I remember in the Sonata rental I had one time it took a couple attempts to call the right person.

+ Reply to Thread