Should we continue COTM?

• Yes

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 29.2%

Should we continue COTM?

23K views 60 replies 32 participants last post by  mkjh 
#1 ·
2011 saw been a rough year in the COTM business. We struggle to barely get two people nominating their cars each month.

What do the members think? Is it worth it?

Should we go to a Car of the Quarter or something like that?

#2 ·
Before even clicking the thread I was thinking that dropping it do car of the quarter or something would be better. Car modding just doesn't have the interest/appeal it once did to attract a significant amount of interest of people entering their cars.

#3 ·
I just think right now we have two groups of people. People who have already won, and people who are not ready to run.

I dont think we should do away with Car of the month, but Car of the Quarter sounds okay. Maybe open CoTM up to people who are regularly on the site and might not have their elantra any more but still Mod and are ACTIVE members on the site. Maybe a hyundai restriction vs an elantra restriction?

Just some ideas.
I dont mind CoTQ though :p

#4 ·
"Car of the Quarter" sounds dumb in name. Maybe rename it to "Featured car" or something like that, and have it be good for a three month term.

#7 ·
Seasonal works too! I was thinking to enter mine one time, but nearly bone stock, with steelies and rust, I doubt anybody would've wanted to stare at it for 30 days lol

#9 ·
labeling them as seasons actually seems kinda like a cool idea imo.
makes me think we should theme them though heh. like you have to take pics according to the theme of which season. that actually sounds like a fun contest too.
course it screws with people who dont have big season changes, but they can figure something out

#12 ·
hehe, i said figure something out, see, be creative. cut out a snowflake from paper and put it on the hood. dump fake snow on it, stand next to the car in a giant winter coat (that you probobly dont even own lol)

also i highly doubt others would be interested in my idea, but "I" think it sounds fun :)

#17 ·
pretty much... I want to run for it but there's a couple more things I want to get done first :( like lightweight pullies and crap

I thought I was gonna be ready to run a few months ago but I guess my senior year in highschool is taking more time away than I thought haha

Car of the Season isn't a bad idea either, bi-monthly is my favorite however

#19 ·
Hey, I'm just trying to not give you all eyesores, or get asked why TF are you entering this heap in here?

If you want me to enter, I will enter my bucket every damn month :) haha

#22 ·
The voting is really not that much of an issue, the issue is more that nobody wants to run their cars. I think there has been one time (and it was just recently) that we had the cars nominated before the deadline.

#28 ·
I believe that maybe we should get something to get people riled up over it. Maybe we need some sort of video to promote COTM or whatever it is called. We need to hype this up, so we get attention of more members, and maybe a few companies.

I agree with KoreanSaab on the magazine style too.

#29 ·
Im in the same boat, part of the problem always more i want to do before i enter. Buuut i may go ahead and do my photoshoot a bit early. I think maybe do away with some of the rules of it say cant win more than 3 times a year. Or maybe put the current winner in the poll to stay as car of the month till someone can knock them off (via votes of course). Just some other ideas make it more competitive by having to knock the current winner off and he/she cannot be on longer that 3 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.