very nice day for me!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: very nice day for me!

Ultimate Post Whore 04GTboySC has not yet proved knowledgeable 04GTboySC's Avatar

Default very nice day for me!

I am a contractor at the state department here in northern virginia, i just received an email from my boss informing me that my contract has been renewed and i have a nice promotion

my old title was

Security Assistant
    10.45 an hr

New
    Security Service Assistant (Customer Service Center)
    13.05 an hr

whooo hooo sorry i made a post about it im just excited and had to share with everyone ahh hmmm save the money up in my bank, or get the spoiler i want from evofusion.com and a different brand of tire and the correct size requirement of 205 50 16 hmmm decisions
    Past: 2004 Elantra GT hatchback
    Traded it in Christmas 2014
    Current: 2013 Chevrolet Captiva LT (bought it used but only had 32,000 miles on it and still under factory warrenty)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Default Re: very nice day for me!

Congrats Scott. Id say get the spoiler and new tires.

Super Moderator hyunelan2 knows a lot about Elantras hyunelan2's Avatar

I'd save it... bwahahahaha... yea right... I haven't saved anything without being forced to, or unless i was saving it to buy something big. Get the spoiler.... replace the tires when the ones you have need to be replaced.... save up some money for those.
    • Past: 2002 Elantra GLS (sold in 2010), 2003 Tiburon GT (Sold in 2014)
    • Present: 2004 Santa Fe GLS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Arc, 2010 Suzuki Equator Sport
    • Future: ????

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

dum de dum de dum vahyundai has not yet proved knowledgeable vahyundai's Avatar

yeah congrats scott. of course you should use the money for important stuff like a spoiler, some new tires,...etc. hehe.
    yawn....

Ultimate Post Whore 04GTboySC has not yet proved knowledgeable 04GTboySC's Avatar

spoiler or tires hmm lol i'll need to see some more responses lol i wonder how much the taxes are gona sniper from the check on the 1st of Feb i will be getin retroactive pay all the way back to November 16th. someone smart wanna help figure out how much i will get. let me know what info u need
    Current: 2013 Chevrolet Captiva LT (bought it used but only had 32,000 miles on it and still under factory warrenty)

dude tires. Don't worry about a spoiler's downforce if you can't get traction.

shawn

Super Moderator hyunelan2 knows a lot about Elantras hyunelan2's Avatar

Nov 1st till Feb 1st is about 12 weeks. If you're working a 40 hr. week, that's 480 hrs, at an increase of 2.60/hr, that's $1,248 before taxes. Once uncle sam puts his hand in the jar, you'll get somewhere around $875... that's my estimate anyway (70% of $1,248 is $873.60).

Quote Originally Posted by sed
    dude tires. Don't worry about a spoiler's downforce if you can't get traction.

shawn
    Comeone, don't make us laugh! We know spoilers are for looks and little else (on the elantra).
    • Past: 2002 Elantra GLS (sold in 2010), 2003 Tiburon GT (Sold in 2014)
    • Present: 2004 Santa Fe GLS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Arc, 2010 Suzuki Equator Sport
    • Future: ????

oh and by the way, after taxes your check will be for 938.4 bucks

i did 15% which is what most people get taken out of there check

lol hyunelan, but even when it looks better its gotta stop

shawn
    Last edited by sed; 01-14-2005 at 01:18 PM.

lol the only problem with the tires is the fact i have a large gap right now i have a set of 205 45 16 tires fairly new the reason im kinda of hestitan on ggettin the spoiler is becuase i will have to get it painted

Congrats!!

Calf...Ankles...Cankles!! evan938 knows a lot about Elantras evan938's Avatar

i got my spoiler (stock high spoiler) painted for 50$ at maaco...i wouldnt reccomend maaco on my worst enemy after i took it there after the accident, but i figured, hey, its a spoiler...how much could they **** it up? well, it looks fine

and i cant save money either...well, i can right now, caus i gotta get another 600 ontop of the 550 ive got to finish the turbo...i havent bought anything except gas and lunch a couple times...just been workin 40 hours a week to try to get it DONE
    local forum post, users mom is an actual meth-head
    In the last convo i had with my Birth Giver. After I confronted her on leaving me for dead 17years prior to pursue a life of drugs and prostitution she seriously said "Rhett, there is nothing wrong with sucking cock for crack god damn it!!"

Broke @$$ Fool BlackElantraGT has not yet proved knowledgeable BlackElantraGT's Avatar

Congratulations man, I'm glad to hear that you're moving on up!

Since your tires are still new, I'd use that up and get the spoiler you wanted. Unless you can sell your old tires for a decent price, then I would definitely get that first because how your car handles matters more than how your car looks.

i'll prob get the spoiler first and get the tires closer to when the meet at niagara falls happens

Full Member Ruffsaidthecat has not yet proved knowledgeable Ruffsaidthecat's Avatar

Save money? I don't know what that statement means LOL. I like the spoiler idea and the new tires later.

Update, i just orderd the evofusion spoiler and i still have a lil money to give parents the big paycheck next time will be when i get the spoiler installed and painted

Awesome... congrats... meanwhile... I just got a 5% raise... which puts me at $37.8k a year from $36k a year. Which if you think about it is a crappy raise. I'm only making $5 more per day. And I'm still below the low average for what I do in San Diego. I'm a web developer. But I guess I can't complain since I got a good job and I'm making at least a little more.

The Girl Jlivan has not yet proved knowledgeable Jlivan's Avatar

Congrats on the raise.

Have them take a little extra out of your check or you might owe uncle sam at the end of the year. Putting it in a 401k wouldn't hurt either, that is tax deductible.

I would say save a little & take out some money once in a while to spoil yourself

Hey, you only live once!

yea im gona start saving up after i get the spoiler i just ordered painted and installed and the tires then i will bde set for a good while ecept for lil things like a custom grill

Administrator rckozma has picked up a wrench rckozma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sed
    oh and by the way, after taxes your check will be for 938.4 bucks

i did 15% which is what most people get taken out of there check

lol hyunelan, but even when it looks better its gotta stop

shawn
    Don't forget they pay state taxes too, unlike us in Florida

Congrats Scott, I guess that is what you get when you give copies instead of originals - hahaha.
    Member # 7: 2003 Carbon Blue GT

"If you want to kick the tiger in his ***, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth." - Tom Clancy

Only a Biker Knows Why a Dog Sticks His Head Out of a Car Window.

hah dont remind me, i spoke to my boss and he said they will take about 30 to 50 percent of the check but i will get well over a 1,000 dollar check so its all groovy i've been getting like a 839 dollar paycheck

+ Reply to Thread