04 tib ultrasports, these fit right?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 04 tib ultrasports, these fit right?

Gerbil Farmer shadow5606 has not yet proved knowledgeable shadow5606's Avatar

Default 04 tib ultrasports, these fit right?

I have an 01 GLS and just bought a set of 04 tib ultrasports from a guy at newtiburon.com. I thought there were some changes from 03 to 04 so I wanted to verify...

I know I'll have to swap from left to right on the fronts but these struts bolt right up to my 01 GLS right?
    GT leather seats, B&M shifter, OEM spoiler, 17x7 wheels, 20% tint, Tibby ultrasports and Eibach springs, 19mm swaybar, Kspec tail light covers, Astrel kit, Shark CAI

Profile: https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6748

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Not such a Newbie 2004ElantraGLS has not yet proved knowledgeable

Default Re: 04 tib ultrasports, these fit right?

Congrats on the buy! I know you were worried about this guy not responding for a while. Good price too!!

They will most certainly bolt up to your Elantra. I haven't had the pleasure of doing it, but I know several people on this Forum and others have successfuly installed them. Good luck, and enjoy!

Axel
    2004 Elantra GLS
    5-speed

I/H/E, Powerchip, TB Bypass, Shortened Shifter, Slave Cylinder Mod, Fidanza Flywheel, Stage 3 Clutch, SpringTech Lowering Springs, 19.2mm Rear Swaybar, Falken Rims and Tires, NGK Iridiums

Calf...Ankles...Cankles!! evan938 knows a lot about Elantras evan938's Avatar

shadow...how much did you pay for these and how much do they run from the dealer? i was considering these w/ my lowering springs, but i was also thinking of KYB or eibachs
    local forum post, users mom is an actual meth-head
    In the last convo i had with my Birth Giver. After I confronted her on leaving me for dead 17years prior to pursue a life of drugs and prostitution she seriously said "Rhett, there is nothing wrong with sucking cock for crack god damn it!!"

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Senior Member Gomez has not yet proved knowledgeable

If he bought them from the guy I'm thinking of then he paid $150 for struts with 12k miles on them. Jay sells them brand new for about $380.00, but from what I've read, unless you're in need of a serious suspension upgrade, it's not worth it to buy them new. KYB are less expensive but if I really needed the strength then I would spend a little extra and go with the Ultrasports. I wouldn't get Eibachs because I would prefer something Hyundai brand if it were available but that's just me.

Calf...Ankles...Cankles!! evan938 knows a lot about Elantras evan938's Avatar

hmmm...i wonder what knoxhyundai sells em for...i know he gets some good deals

time to PM him
    local forum post, users mom is an actual meth-head
    In the last convo i had with my Birth Giver. After I confronted her on leaving me for dead 17years prior to pursue a life of drugs and prostitution she seriously said "Rhett, there is nothing wrong with sucking cock for crack god damn it!!"

I don't think knox can get them cheaper. Just stake-out NT, I looked for about a month before that guy turned up selling his. They have so many members and a lot of them upgrade and the spring is coming so I'm sure something will turn up.
    Last edited by Gomez; 02-12-2005 at 09:30 PM.

I ended up paying $120 shipped, really nice guy from the tibby boards. He hadn't been on the forum for a few days so I tried to email him through his profile and my account was too new to do that... so I kind of felt like a stalker but his profile said the name of the town he lived in and mentioned where he worked... lol, so I called up his job and said "sorry to bother you but do you have an installer w/ a modded up tiburon who's trying to sell some struts...." I felt like a nut but I got ahold of the right guy!!

so I should have them by the end of the week... along w/ my new wheels and tires... possibly my eibach springs too... I plan on tearing down the whole suspension and doing the Ultrasports, the Eibachs, the tibby sway bar, the wheels and tires... hawk brake pads... and while I'm down there I think I might paint my calipers...

if my car survives the shock I'll be over at Evans in a few weeks getting a CAI and Evofusion slapped on.

My cars gonna be great!!!

Oh, btw evan, you can buy the tibby Ultrasports from allhyundaiisuzu for $300. Chris told me that he dosen't sell just the struts so you'll get springs too but $300 is MUCH better than dealer. I was going w/ the KYB's at first but when I saw the damping rates and realized how close to stock they were and saw that the Ultrasports were DOUBLE the stock rates I knew I wanted to go that route.
    GT leather seats, B&M shifter, OEM spoiler, 17x7 wheels, 20% tint, Tibby ultrasports and Eibach springs, 19mm swaybar, Kspec tail light covers, Astrel kit, Shark CAI

If I had all the stuff to put it in, I would want to do it all at once too. The crappy thing about that is, and I'm sure you know this, that you will have absolutely no idea what the actual impact of each individual part is. I also think that your opinion of the mods will be skewed because of doing everything all at once, but like I said I would probably do the same thing.

yeah, I thought about that... It would be nice to do things one at a time... but heck... I think I'm just gonna slap it all in there at once. It'll be a day and night difference!! Not only am I stock now (aside from leather seats) but my tires suck... I get tons of road vibration. I'm going to try to schedule an alignment ASAP for after I'm done because I'm sure after changing out the whole suspension I'll need it!!

Struts have arrived today!!!

I'll be waiting for springs before putting them in but the ball is rolling!!!

It's not like this setup has never been done before... if that was the case, then doing it in stages would be better.......

but yeah, there's no point in taking everything apart twice if you don't have to....

speaking of having been done before... I just noticed that one of the struts has a nut on the threaded end and the other three do not.

Will there be nuts that I'll salvage from my old struts or will I need to order 3 more nuts before I start this install?

Newbie Forever silet can identify a wrench

Quote Originally Posted by shadow5606
    speaking of having been done before... I just noticed that one of the struts has a nut on the threaded end and the other three do not.

Will there be nuts that I'll salvage from my old struts or will I need to order 3 more nuts before I start this install?
    You can use the old ones. When I got my eibachs, they came with 4 new lock nuts. You may want to look into new ones.
    05 Tidal Wave GLS ---Lemon 02 Black GT --- RIP 03 Rally Red GT

scared like cheese 2GTS has not yet proved knowledgeable 2GTS's Avatar

You should always use new ones. According to hyundai those nuts are a one time use item. You can get new ones from you dealer for less than $5

Cany you guys think of anything else I should buy to do the install? I'll get all 4 nuts... any other parts down below that I'll need to replace?

+ Reply to Thread