Sucks when people don't keep their word.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sucks when people don't keep their word.

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Default Sucks when people don't keep their word.

I made an agreement with someone last December to make an item for them. They agreed on the price of $60. I completed the item in April. They asked for more time to pay, I said fine. Now it is October and they still haven't paid. They also tried saying the price was lower than what we initially agreed upon, then when a screenshot was sent of the exact conversation where we agreed upon the price, they went silent. I put my own money into this item and MANY hours, with the understanding that this person would pay when I was finished. Now I am stuck with it. This person says that the item is not important to them now and they will pay some other time. They said they couldn't come up with $60 in ten months. 10 MONTHS!!! I have bent over backwards for this person and this person has not kept their word.

I was trusting because I made an item for this person before and they paid in full after. I was even nice enough to send them a bunch of extra stuff in the first package for free.

It sucks when you think someone is an adult and has integrity only to find out they are a child and don't know the meaning of the word integrity. When you think they won't screw you over and they do. When you think they care about how they treat other people but then realize they only care about themself and could care less if they screwed you over.

Anyways, I learned next time to take an upfront payment so this kind of thing won't happen again. I guess I can't trust anyone, even when I think I can.
    Last edited by mkjh; 10-17-2016 at 04:17 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Junior Member incubus0111 has not yet proved knowledgeable incubus0111's Avatar

Default Re: Sucks when people don't keep their word.

In the same boat as you. Its a few hundred bucks on my end though. You cant be to trusting when it comes to business. Luckily i was able to make some of my money back.

Tapping the screen to talk.....

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Yeah it really sucks. I am trying to get some of my money back. I have the item for sale on this site and on ebay as well. I know I will probably lose money on this but more than that I think of all the hours put into making it. Several times the was am imperfection and I re did it to make it perfect for this person. I wasted so much time.

At least you were able to make some money back. Hopefully I can as well. You are right though, and this is a lesson learned. With business, I can't be to trusting.
    Last edited by mkjh; 10-17-2016 at 08:58 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

I will just never understand how someone can screw someone over and walk away with a clear conscience, like this person did to me. I don't understand that.

OceanElantra 05bertha has not yet proved knowledgeable 05bertha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    I will just never understand how someone can screw someone over and walk away with a clear conscience, like this person did to me. I don't understand that.
    Sucks to hear about that man. People can really be immature. What kind of item is it?

It was a grill for the XD2. I have it listed here under marketplace and on ebay. I am asking $80 for it but am open to offers. I made it for a fellow XD'er on here and he just completely bailed on his obligation.

This grill took a lot of time. I would never make another one knowing how much time it took to make this one. It turned out great though. It just sucks that this XD member bailed and left me with it.
    Last edited by mkjh; 10-20-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Junior Member 03BoostedGT has not yet proved knowledgeable

pics ftw

Quote Originally Posted by 03BoostedGT View Post
    pics ftw
    https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/show...2-custom-grill.

Here is a link to the page where I have two links for pictures.

+ Reply to Thread