[XD2] KDM Mods 2005 Elantra - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: KDM Mods 2005 Elantra

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

Default Re: KDM Mods 2005 Elantra

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    Okay, so I checked and I was wrong. The top is a parking light only, and bottom is parking/brake. I thought for sure I had wired it the other way. Maybe I'll have to figure out how to do that.
    The top one designed to be rear fog light. I believe also your car have blank button on the left side of the dashboard for this light.

AVANTE XD- Excellent Driving .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Junior Member KDM Mods has not yet proved knowledgeable KDM Mods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elantra2005 View Post
    The top one designed to be rear fog light. I believe also your car have blank button on the left side of the dashboard for this light.
    Does your car have a button for a rear fog light? Iíd like to see it if you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
    Psalm 23:4

Does your car have a button for a rear fog light? Iíd like to see it if you do

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

It does have a button for the rear fog light. He posted a picture of it on here before somewhere. It's right next to the dimmer switch, which for us is blank. I tried to find one but had no luck.

You can see this button here in my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgwx4Tga32A

You can see this button here in my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgwx4Tga32A
    And when the button isnít on the that top light is off?

I just found this on eBay! I want to buy it but I have a question. Are the wiring harnesses the same between the USA Elantra and the European Elantra? If they are they this plug should be there. Is there a fuse as well?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323312033909

Quote Originally Posted by KDM Mods View Post

I just found this on eBay! I want to buy it but I have a question. Are the wiring harnesses the same between the USA Elantra and the European Elantra? If they are they this plug should be there. Is there a fuse as well?

BTW funny storry happed to me today lol.
    I was on the way to work on the morning and when I stopped on the traffic light a junky girl tried to open my rear car door and she screamed at me . ''hellooo helooo'' .
    Luckly i lock my doors everytime I start the engine.

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

I doubt the wiring harnesses are the same. However, if you really wanted to install it, you could buy it and wire it yourself. From the switch you would run a wire to constant 12v, then run a single wire from the switch to the bulb in the taillight, then splice the ground wire from the bulb into an existing ground wire at the tail light.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    I doubt the wiring harnesses are the same. However, if you really wanted to install it, you could buy it and wire it yourself. From the switch you would run a wire to constant 12v, then run a single wire from the switch to the bulb in the taillight, then splice the ground wire from the bulb into an existing ground wire at the tail light.
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't have that harness cause otherwise they would use the EU tailights on firstplace.

Been a bit quiet on here. I put the car in storage again. Might be the last time. Iím thinking of selling it in the spring. I want a car thatís exciting to drive, something that has some power behind it. If it was manual it would be so much better. Maybe Iím making a mistake. I have a few months to keep thinking about it. I know that if I keep it, it will never see snow, and it needs a timing belt. And the original tires are starting to fly apart when you drive it lol.

Yeah, it's been a bit quiet. Seems to go in phases here.

If you keep it and it never sees snow, is that a good thing or a bad thing? Sounds like you need some routine maintenance done on your car. I had the timing belt done a year ago by the dealership for about $400. My tires are going to be due soon as well.

Take some time and think about it. Whatever is right for you is what you should do. I personally am keeping both of my cars. I love both of them. I love driving them, working on them, and have enjoyed modding them. And replacement parts are cheap. I do wish they had a bit more power but I'm okay with it.

Havenít posted in awhile. But this happened today. I was at work and my boss came out and said a tow truck had backed into my car. Itís not good. Thereís a chance it might get totaled. That A pillar might be the biggest issue. Iím going to be bringing it to the dealer to the body shop and get an estimate on fixing it. Iím hopeful that it wonít get totaled, but My hopes are low. What a way to go. 25k miles and it might be headed to the junk yard.

Oh no!
    I really like your car.... So sad to see this happend to you. Did your'e boss got the truck driver details?

Oh no!
    I really like your car.... So sad to see this happend to you. Did your'e boss got the truck driver details?
    Yes there insurance will cover the damages if itís not totaled

Yes there insurance will cover the damages if itís not totaled

At least that. But most important thing is that you're alright.

+ Reply to Thread