[XD] I'm back! 2003 XD is getting some turbo sound and more!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm back! 2003 XD is getting some turbo sound and more!

Newbie bluemech has not yet proved knowledgeable bluemech's Avatar

Talking I'm back! 2003 XD is getting some turbo sound and more!

I took some time away from modding (life); but I began modding it again and forgot to update my profile and such. I will take some pictures of what I have done so far and explain what will come in a few days.

I did some exhaust mods to start, then got tired of waiting on my buddy at his place so I could use the welder; so now I have one and redesigned the exhaust few times. Added a long tube header but shortly after I decided to turbo the XD instead of my '97 Corolla because it needs more love before it can get a turbo.
    I then bought an AEM FIC-6 and wired it up building a separate harness with auto connectors. I wanted to know I could control things properly before putting anything else on the car. After a little trouble with the integrated IAT/MAP sensor wires I got the sensors logging.

now I'm collecting cheap parts to mock the build up here soon. I'm going cheap because money sucks and I just want to learn how to tune properly on this first motor; I will build another after I know what I'm doing.

I'm getting excited to piece it all together the hard way and learn with the help of others; much better than spending too much and handing the project over to a garage and spending more and not learning in the end.

Right now I am rebuilding, down to short block, a Subaru H6 from my girlfriend's Tribeca. She is driving the XD for now so I'll have to wait while I collect more parts to see what will go where and what may need worked.

I'll try and keep things more updated now that I have a dedicated working garage and not doing driveway stuff anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Default Re: I'm back! 2003 XD is getting some turbo sound and more!

Nice to see you back. I can't wait to see what you do. There are still a few XDer's on here. Not many left, but some. The few that are here will be happy to see your progress.

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

Hello there!!. Give us some photos to enjoy from .

AVANTE XD- Excellent Driving .

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

EXD SupaMod Ugzz knows a lot about Elantras Ugzz's Avatar

I second., Photooos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aintnonerd View Post
    Internet Jesus is not pleased with the absense of the chatbox.
    And he stated, "let the people speak, and I shall grant thee speed". Microsoft Sam 11:17

+ Reply to Thread