[XD2] KDM Mods 2005 Elantra - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: KDM Mods 2005 Elantra

Junior Member KDM Mods has not yet proved knowledgeable KDM Mods's Avatar

Default Re: KDM Mods 2005 Elantra

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    What kind of project car?
    I really like Japanese classics and German classic cars. I don't have a ton of money ($3000 and climbing). I have a part time job working on some construction and also auto mechanics. I'm starting to learn some good skills. I'm going to be putting an engine into a Lincoln Navigator. I can't wait to do that. Getting back, I thought it would be cool to engine swap something. Get a car for cheap with a blown engine or no engine at all and swap something realistic into it. The cheapest car in my mind is a honda. So we will see what happens this summer. I'm still not ruling out doing something to the Hyundai though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
    Psalm 23:4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Very interesting. I know German classic cars, but what would be a Japanese classic car?

I always wondered if a Tiburon V6 would fit the Elantra's. I think someone on here did it, or attempted to do it. That would be really awesome to do.

Poster God MrElantra104 has not yet proved knowledgeable MrElantra104's Avatar

You could always buy a older Hyundai accent and swap in the beta 1 motor & turbo it. Its like a plug & play There's many ppl that have done it look up on youtube. It's a lightweight car so it should be fun.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Default KDM Mods 2005 Elantra

Alright heres an update. I'm most likely not getting any kind of project car because i don't have the room at my house. So fixing up the Elantra continues. On Friday i ordered some OEM headers, used off of eBay. I went down to a muffler shop a few week ago and asked them if they would make me UEL headers. The guy said if i brought down some OEM headers for him he would weld them up for me. So this coming weekend when the headers come ill take them down there and have him do it for me. After that i would like to do the 19mm sway bar and also some fog lights.
    Last edited by KDM Mods; 08-21-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

Nice planing stuff. So if storage is the problem your'e in good condition (:

AVANTE XD- Excellent Driving .

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Very cool. Glad to see it's progressing.

As far as fog lights, here's a link to a company where I got my fog lights from. I doubt you will find OEM any cheaper than this:

http://sfrusa.3dcartstores.com/04-06...4dr_p_382.html

They are a good company. Fast and free shipping too. These are projectors so you can install HID's if you wanted. That's what I did, 3000k. I look forward to seeing more of your updates.
    Last edited by mkjh; 08-24-2017 at 03:28 PM.

So I went down to the muffler shop and he said I can't weld to cast iron. I have any idea of putting a plate of stainless steel (or whatever they make it out of) in front of the flange and then they weld to that. Then when it's time to put in on the car we bolt that piece to the header and then to the engine block.

If you have any other ideas let me know. The guy said to come back Monday and see if he's thought of anything.

I recommend you to use Morimoto fog lights they are really good and also very high quality .
    Sorry about the muffler I really don't have much knowledge.

Scary Super Mod songee623 has picked up a wrench songee623's Avatar

why not get a cheap obx set and have him cut them up to make the new ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by KDM Mods View Post
    So I went down to the muffler shop and he said I can't weld to cast iron. I have any idea of putting a plate of stainless steel (or whatever they make it out of) in front of the flange and then they weld to that. Then when it's time to put in on the car we bolt that piece to the header and then to the engine block.

If you have any other ideas let me know. The guy said to come back Monday and see if he's thought of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by silversharkxd2 View Post
    in a world without exd...no one can hear you scream
    https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/imag...ine=1358427727

Quote Originally Posted by songee623 View Post
    why not get a cheap obx set and have him cut them up to make the new ones?
    Alright so I just talked to the two muffler shops in my town and I told them I found some cheaper headers made from stainless steel. Both shops said they would not make me headers.

So yea....I might just end up getting some performance headers and call it good. Unless one of you know of someone who will make them for a reasonable price.

I also contacted the guy on YouTube who made his and ask him if he would make me any. We'll see what he says.

If anyone needs oem headers, they are for sale. $75

Poster God MrElantra104 has not yet proved knowledgeable MrElantra104's Avatar

Your gonna have to get aftermarket headers to do it. I don't think it's possible on the OEM headers

So itís been raining for the past two days and my car has been out side the whole time. When I got home from a friends house I was going to pop my trunk when I saw this

Well poop. Any fixes? I really like these tail lights and they took awhile to ship to me. I hope they clear up good again.

Scary Super Mod songee623 has picked up a wrench songee623's Avatar

could be a bad seal where the bulb is, or some where the lense meets the plastic. take it off drain it hair dryer or real sunny day to dry it.
    Quote Originally Posted by silversharkxd2 View Post
    in a world without exd...no one can hear you scream
    https://www.elantraxd.com/forums/imag...ine=1358427727

Quote Originally Posted by songee623 View Post
    could be a bad seal where the bulb is, or some where the lense meets the plastic. take it off drain it hair dryer or real sunny day to dry it.
    Ok. I did that yesterday and found that the rubber seal going around the light was pealing off. My dad sealed it up again with something he bought. Hope that fixes it.

Looks great!
    I have same problem with my front left headlight. Silicone should fix that problem.

That really sucks. I have not had that problem. Mine are sealed well.

I would say if it happens again, get a large container that can hold it, fill the container with water, then slowly lower the tail light into the water with the bulb holes going in the water first. Then look for bubbles. When you see the bubbles, there is where your leak is.

And by the way, I will try to check the tail light configuration to match the bottom with the top. I am pretty sure they are different but I'll let you know. I have gotten so busy lately with so many things. Anyways, let us know how it goes. But like Songee says, when you are done, leave them in the sun to dry out.

Default KDM Mods 2005 Elantra

Well nothing really new. Put the car in storage the end of October. I bought a 2007 Volvo v70 off my cousin for a excellent deal. Needed a bunch of work and now itís for the most part sorted really well. Itís mostly cosmetic stuff that needs to be fixed.

The car is from Florida, then it went to Tennessee, and now itís in Minnesota. The one story Iíll tell really quick is whoever did the last oil changed put 3.5 quarts too much oil in it. The car takes 6.1 quarts and someone put 9.6 quarts in it! I found this out when I was getting on the highway it spewed tons of smoke. Thought it was the turbo but luckily it was just too much oil. Iíll tell more later. Gtg to work.

Last edited by KDM Mods; 12-23-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Very nice looking Volvo. Are those the same wheels that are on your XD2?

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    Very nice looking Volvo. Are those the same wheels that are on your XD2?
    They are not. Iím not really sure what kind they are. I think they might have been painted but not sure. They have a lot of curb rash as well so they look good from a distance but not up close. Lol

Hehe you are the second guy I know that bought Volvo after the XD.
    Florida car is means no rust yeah?..
    Looks very nice man. Drive safe and keep us update .

+ Reply to Thread