[XD2] KDM Mods 2005 Elantra - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: KDM Mods 2005 Elantra

Junior Member KDM Mods has not yet proved knowledgeable KDM Mods's Avatar

Default Re: KDM Mods 2005 Elantra

Quote Originally Posted by Elantra2005 View Post
    Hehe you are the second guy I know that bought Volvo after the XD.
    Florida car is means no rust yeah?..
    Looks very nice man. Drive safe and keep us update .
    It has very little rust on the undercarriage and none on the body. So far the car is doing great in the snow.

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC using Tapatalk
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
    Psalm 23:4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Got it out on Wednesday. Started right up with no problems. Only thing this time was the place I store it got some small holes in the roof. Luckily I don稚 think the car was wet too long. I wasn稚 very happy about this at all since it is a rust free vehicle. It did get a little mold on the paint and trim but I値l get that off once I wash it. Also they have three cats and I believe one of them urinated on my car cover which isn稚 the greatest. My euro taillights had moisture in them once again so not sure what I知 going to do about that. They really haven稚 worked out great for me. Both cars need a good wash this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

That really sucks. I haven't had any issues with mine. The only thing I can think of is to pull the bulbs out, let the lights sit in the sun and get all the moisture out, then find a way to line the bulb holes with silicone. I would bet that is where the moisture is getting in. Do you have bulbs in all the holes?

I remember you asking me to check a bulb fitment but I don't remember what the question was. I remember I told you I would check but I forgot, twice. I am sorry about that. What was your question? I can check for you this weekend. I am going to Pick Your Part and can get any part to check so let me know and I PROMISE, I give you my word, I will find out.

Wish you lived closer. I would love to help you retrofiit some HID projectors and bulbs. Maybe paint the headlight bezel same as the car as well. That would look nice. Kinda wish that I had done that on my XD2 instead of the black. It would have made the red projectors stand out even more. Maybe I still will do that.

You really made a great choice with those wheels. I wouldn't think dark colored wheels on a champagne metallic car would look good but those look awesome.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Default KDM Mods 2005 Elantra

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    That really sucks. I haven't had any issues with mine. The only thing I can think of is to pull the bulbs out, let the lights sit in the sun and get all the moisture out, then find a way to line the bulb holes with silicone. I would bet that is where the moisture is getting in. Do you have bulbs in all the holes?

I remember you asking me to check a bulb fitment but I don't remember what the question was. I remember I told you I would check but I forgot, twice. I am sorry about that. What was your question? I can check for you this weekend. I am going to Pick Your Part and can get any part to check so let me know and I PROMISE, I give you my word, I will find out.

Wish you lived closer. I would love to help you retrofiit some HID projectors and bulbs. Maybe paint the headlight bezel same as the car as well. That would look nice. Kinda wish that I had done that on my XD2 instead of the black. It would have made the red projectors stand out even more. Maybe I still will do that.

You really made a great choice with those wheels. I wouldn't think dark colored wheels on a champagne metallic car would look good but those look awesome.
    Yea all the bulbs are I as far as I know. They were a tight fit though. I can try and reseal them a bit more to see if that helps. If I can稚 get it though I might just switch back to the old ones.

The one thing my mom keeps telling me is that it looks like I知 riding my brakes. The top parking light is much brighter than all the others. My question to you was if I could turn the parking light into a brake light so they would be the same brightness? Either that or is there a lower wattage bulb that could go into the 1156 socket/parking light? Remember the story I told you about the crazy lady on the highway that wanted me to pull over because she thought I was riding my brakes? (That was a long question lol). That痴 another reason why I知 concerned about the brightness.

If your going to pick a part(is that a junk yard?), do you think they have oem fog lights? Oem cruise control would be good too. But I really don稚 need anything. So far nothing has broken on my car.

And thank you. I really like the wheels too. It turned it from a grandma car into something nice to look at.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    I have a question for Elantra2005,

Your car came with the euro style taillights right? Are your parking lights much brighter than your brake lights? My brake lights become the same brightness at my parking lights once I press the brake pedal but when my brake pedal is not pressed then the parking light is the brightest.

Last edited by KDM Mods; 05-25-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Oh, you mean so that the top and bottom bulb in the housing will both be parking and brake lights? Yeah, I remember that story.

They would only have OEM fog lights if there is a GT and no one has gotten them yet. I think they run about $6 and tomorrow is 40% off. If I find any, you want me to get them for you? Any other parts? There are a lot of Elantra's. I have 5 PYP's near me. I will probably get to 3.

Oh, you mean so that the top and bottom bulb in the housing will both be parking and brake lights? Yeah, I remember that story.

They would only have OEM fog lights if there is a GT and no one has gotten them yet. I think they run about $6 and tomorrow is 40% off. If I find any, you want me to get them for you? Any other parts? There are a lot of Elantra's. I have 5 PYP's near me. I will probably get to 3.
    Are there any Volvo v70s? I could use stuff off of those.

Only one, but it's an old post so I doubt it is there.

Only one, but it's an old post so I doubt it is there.
    Ok. What color is it?

Doing some detailing today. Going to do a little clay on the bottom of the car and then some wax.

I also just found this little nick at the tip of my tail lights. I don稚 think it goes inside though.

Finished product. All day project.

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

Looks super clean I really like the color and wheels. Not sure tho what caused the nick on the taillight.. but its seems like its far away from the glue that hold the tailight from being wet inside.
    Btw I think you car should have tint on the rear windows. Will make the car looks much better in my opinion .

AVANTE XD- Excellent Driving .

Looks super clean I really like the color and wheels. Not sure tho what caused the nick on the taillight.. but its seems like its far away from the glue that hold the tailight from being wet inside.
    Btw I think you car should have tint on the rear windows. Will make the car looks much better in my opinion .
    I actually do have tint on them lol. It痴 50%. If I went darker it would be illegal in my state. My Volvo has very illegal tint and I haven稚 gotten pulled over. I did actually get pulled over in the Hyundai two days after I got my tint. That cop must have been having a bad day. Did you see my question to you?

Well its was hard to see the tint from the pics. I have 90% tint on the rear windows. Yes I know in US every state have another local rules. Tho many people in the world think that in US you can mod your car more than any other place in the world without getting in trouble.

To Elantra2005 from KDM Mods:

Your car came with the euro style taillights right? Are your parking lights much brighter than your brake lights? My brake lights become the same brightness at my parking lights once I press the brake pedal but when my brake pedal is not pressed then the parking light is the brightest.

And KDM, when you were asking about the brightness of the tail lights, did you want the top and the bottom of the tail lights to be both parking and brake lights? I think that's how I have mine setup.

And for your detailing, did you use a foam cannon? The way the car is covered in foam it looks like it. What wheel shine did you use? Your car looks awesome. Ever thought of getting a rear OEM spoiler?

By the way, I sent you a PM yesterday when I was at Pick Your Part. Just ignore it now because I am obviously not there now.
    Last edited by mkjh; 05-27-2018 at 01:26 PM.

And KDM, when you were asking about the brightness of the tail lights, did you want the top and the bottom of the tail lights to be both parking and brake lights? I think that's how I have mine setup.

And for your detailing, did you use a foam cannon? The way the car is covered in foam it looks like it. What wheel shine did you use? Your car looks awesome. Ever thought of getting a rear OEM spoiler?

By the way, I sent you a PM yesterday when I was at Pick Your Part. Just ignore it now because I am obviously not there now.
    Yes my car came with EU taillights . Yep the parking lights are brighter and the brake light is more deep red.
    And I also have rear fogs on the top of the taillight.

If I could have the the top and the bottom be parking lights that would be awesome! But I was thinking of just making the top light a brake light as well. So when you are driving at night, both the top and the bottom lights would be the same brightness, and when I push the brake pedal, both the top and the bottom lights would go brighter. I was think I could just splice into the brake light wires and solder the parking light to it. But then I need a bulb that has two filaments in it. And I can稚 find one that would fit the 1156 socket.

I did use a foam cannon. I finally got a power washer. It痴 an electric green works 2000psi. And the foam cannon is a mtm low pressure canon. I知 using chemical guys honeydew. For tire shine I use meguiars tire gel. Works very well

I never got a private message yesterday. I usually always use my phone on forums. Tapatalk is a great app. I値l log on my computer to see if I got a message.

Yes my car came with EU taillights . Yep the parking lights are brighter and the brake light is more deep red.
    And I also have rear fogs on the top of the taillight.
    That痴 just weird that Hyundai would design it that way. Don稚 you think it looks like your driving with your brakes on?

Quote Originally Posted by KDM Mods View Post
    If I could have the the top and the bottom be parking lights that would be awesome! But I was thinking of just making the top light a brake light as well. So when you are driving at night, both the top and the bottom lights would be the same brightness, and when I push the brake pedal, both the top and the bottom lights would go brighter. I was think I could just splice into the brake light wires and solder the parking light to it. But then I need a bulb that has two filaments in it. And I can稚 find one that would fit the 1156 socket.

I did use a foam cannon. I finally got a power washer. It痴 an electric green works 2000psi. And the foam cannon is a mtm low pressure canon. I知 using chemical guys honeydew. For tire shine I use meguiars tire gel. Works very well

I never got a private message yesterday. I usually always use my phone on forums. Tapatalk is a great app. I値l log on my computer to see if I got a message.

That痴 just weird that Hyundai would design it that way. Don稚 you think it looks like your driving with your brakes on?

Not at all. Its also visble that the third brake is not activate.

I am pretty sure I wired my tail lights like that. The bottom and the top are double filament bulbs. If I remember correctly, I used the socket and wires for the parking/brake light from and XD and wired it into the bottom light therefore the top and bottom did the exact same thing, both go brighter when the brakes are pressed. I think the XD bulb socket was the only thing that would fit as the double filament socket from the XD2 wiring harness wouldn't. I'll check when I go down to the garage later.

I love Chemical Guys products. Awesome stuff. I also use the foam cannon. It is so much fun foaming the whole car up that way. I also use an electric pressure washer. A Karcher. It's okay but not great. I might buy something else.

I am pretty sure I wired my tail lights like that. The bottom and the top are double filament bulbs. If I remember correctly, I used the socket and wires for the parking/brake light from and XD and wired it into the bottom light therefore the top and bottom did the exact same thing, both go brighter when the brakes are pressed. I think the XD bulb socket was the only thing that would fit as the double filament socket from the XD2 wiring harness wouldn't. I'll check when I go down to the garage later.

I love Chemical Guys products. Awesome stuff. I also use the foam cannon. It is so much fun foaming the whole car up that way. I also use an electric pressure washer. A Karcher. It's okay but not great. I might buy something else.
    Ok. I didn稚 wire mine up that way. The bulb I have in the top socket is the parking light. It stays the same brightness all the time. It is a single filament bulb. Can the 1157 socket fit in the top socket of the tail light? If it does then I could just buy two of those, cut the 1156 socket off and then I can have a brake light on top and the bottom

Yes, I believe that is how mine is. I will check it in the morning. But I think it only works with an XD dual filament socket. I have two extra wiring harnesses I can send you. I will double check tomorrow but I am pretty sure that's how I did it. Parking/brake on top and bottom.

Yes, I believe that is how mine is. I will check it in the morning. But I think it only works with an XD dual filament socket. I have two extra wiring harnesses I can send you. I will double check tomorrow but I am pretty sure that's how I did it. Parking/brake on top and bottom.
    So when you hit the pedal, both the top and the bottom get brighter? Also, are the top and the bottom one the same brightness when the brake is not applied?

Okay, so I checked and I was wrong. The top is a parking light only, and bottom is parking/brake. I thought for sure I had wired it the other way. Maybe I'll have to figure out how to do that.

+ Reply to Thread