Pumbaa's 1/4mile and HP
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pumbaa's 1/4mile and HP

Junior Member Pumbaa has not yet proved knowledgeable Pumbaa's Avatar

Default Pumbaa's 1/4mile and HP

This is continued from the timeslip thread. Went down to the weigh station and weighed the fat porker. Comes out @ 3083lbs with me in it. That was with no spare tire, no jack, and just under 1/8th of a tank of gas. My racing conditions of the other day I had 1/4 tank of gas. So, did a little calculating, at 14.5 Gal for a full tank, times 1/8th = 1.8125 Gal, which weighs about 10.875lbs. Time 2 and you have 1/4. When I ran my final run I had 1/8th of a tank. When I ran my first run I had a 1/4 of a tank. Ok, so 3083lbs was the racing condition. This little porker makes it down the quarter mile in 16.289 @ 85.28 MPH. Going to the link supplied above, that comes out to around 149hp. I dunno if thats crank or whp though. I'm assuming crank, cause I dyno'd with 128whp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Default Re: Pumbaa's 1/4mile and HP

Whats the stock quarter mile with the Elantra? so I can see the difference becuase 16.289 really isnt to fast but it may be compared to a stock run.

Ultimate Post Whore FordFasteRR can identify a wrench FordFasteRR's Avatar

I weighed mine @ the track before the SC install and it weighed 2950 with me in it.

and i weigh 215 lb.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Junior Member Pumbaa has not yet proved knowledgeable Pumbaa's Avatar

That shows you how much beefier the GT is how much gas did you have in it Steve? I weigh 135lbs so everyone knows. If you look at the timeslip thread, you'll see a previous run I did 2 years ago stock at the same track, about the same time of the year in very similar conditions. And I only bested a 16.789 @ 82.78. That was the pure fastest I could get stock. So I nocked off 1/2 a second and spent around $500 to do it.
    Last edited by Pumbaa; 03-14-2005 at 10:50 PM.

What mods do you have man?

Quote Originally Posted by VTElantra
    Whats the stock quarter mile with the Elantra? so I can see the difference becuase 16.289 really isnt to fast but it may be compared to a stock run.

I ran a 16.9 W/ my G/F in the car

Last edited by FastKingCab; 04-11-2005 at 07:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread