Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

2008 Elantra GLS is gone....

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Elantra2005 
#1 ·

My 2008 Elantra GLS "pure stock" is now gone. Sold to a young kid - who's hoping to squeeze a few more years out of it... And, he can pay for its needed fixes - like broken AC system, broken muffler system, new tires and new brakes.

Loved that vehicle so much, I'll never buy another Hyundai again.... But, that's a long winded thread for a different post...

See you guys later.

And remember, a vehicle is only a tool to get one's tail from point A to point B. Nothing more.... A vehicle doesn't make a persons image better. And its features (like lift kits, lowering kits, sun roofs, fancy looking wheels, etc. etc.) are a waste as well. Modifying it is a waste of time and money. Waste that should be used on other more important things in life..... Like kids, wife and capital investments.....

#2 ·
I am confused. If you dislike modifying cars, why did you come to this site? And why would you not buy another Hyundai if you loved them so much? I love Hyundai and that is all I will ever buy because I DO love them for being great cars.

#3 · (Edited)
I don't think features are waste of money. Everyone and what makes you feel good.
And Elantra 2008 is not an old car like you say '' squeeze' . It's can go for more than 10 years from now with right care.
And I'm agree with mkjh. you kinda confuse us with your statement.

#4 ·
If someone has a car modding hobby and it makes them happy, then that's all that matters. It's no different than any other hobby that costs money. And Elantra2005 is right, 2008 can go a long time. My wife drives a 2008 daily, it has about 150,000 miles on it and it should still last a long time.

#6 ·
I miss my Elantra so much... But yeah, I'm driving a Sonata and my wife drives a Santa Fe, and I plan on sticking to Hyundais. Cept I did think about a Tesla Model 3 since they're $35K. I like the knight rider feature where it can come to you in a parking lot.
I'm over 100K on my second Hyundai, and closing in on my 3rd. They are great vehicles.

#8 ·
Tesla are cool and what not but I think I would never trust automated cars 100%. And I saw people who sleep while the car drives alone.
I miss my XD too. Tho it's still here in the family but I can't drive her cause I don't have insurance on her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.