2008 Elantra GLS is gone....
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2008 Elantra GLS is gone....

Newbie Jack99 has not yet proved knowledgeable

Default 2008 Elantra GLS is gone....

My 2008 Elantra GLS "pure stock" is now gone. Sold to a young kid - who's hoping to squeeze a few more years out of it... And, he can pay for its needed fixes - like broken AC system, broken muffler system, new tires and new brakes.

Loved that vehicle so much, I'll never buy another Hyundai again.... But, that's a long winded thread for a different post...

See you guys later.

And remember, a vehicle is only a tool to get one's tail from point A to point B. Nothing more.... A vehicle doesn't make a persons image better. And its features (like lift kits, lowering kits, sun roofs, fancy looking wheels, etc. etc.) are a waste as well. Modifying it is a waste of time and money. Waste that should be used on other more important things in life..... Like kids, wife and capital investments.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Default Re: 2008 Elantra GLS is gone....

I am confused. If you dislike modifying cars, why did you come to this site? And why would you not buy another Hyundai if you loved them so much? I love Hyundai and that is all I will ever buy because I DO love them for being great cars.

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack99 View Post

My 2008 Elantra GLS "pure stock" is now gone. Sold to a young kid - who's hoping to squeeze a few more years out of it... And, he can pay for its needed fixes - like broken AC system, broken muffler system, new tires and new brakes.

Loved that vehicle so much, I'll never buy another Hyundai again.... But, that's a long winded thread for a different post...

See you guys later.

And remember, a vehicle is only a tool to get one's tail from point A to point B. Nothing more.... A vehicle doesn't make a persons image better. And its features (like lift kits, lowering kits, sun roofs, fancy looking wheels, etc. etc.) are a waste as well. Modifying it is a waste of time and money. Waste that should be used on other more important things in life..... Like kids, wife and capital investments.....
    I don't think features are waste of money. Everyone and what makes you feel good.
    And Elantra 2008 is not an old car like you say '' squeeze' . It's can go for more than 10 years from now with right care.
    And I'm agree with mkjh. you kinda confuse us with your statement.
    Last edited by Elantra2005; 04-07-2019 at 01:39 PM.

AVANTE XD- Excellent Driving .

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

If someone has a car modding hobby and it makes them happy, then that's all that matters. It's no different than any other hobby that costs money. And Elantra2005 is right, 2008 can go a long time. My wife drives a 2008 daily, it has about 150,000 miles on it and it should still last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    If someone has a car modding hobby and it makes them happy, then that's all that matters. It's no different than any other hobby that costs money. And Elantra2005 is right, 2008 can go a long time. My wife drives a 2008 daily, it has about 150,000 miles on it and it should still last a long time.
    These cars can go 300k . And yes do what makes you feel good. No one can tell you what to do with your own money.

Senior Member skeetre has not yet proved knowledgeable skeetre's Avatar

I miss my Elantra so much... But yeah, I'm driving a Sonata and my wife drives a Santa Fe, and I plan on sticking to Hyundais. Cept I did think about a Tesla Model 3 since they're $35K. I like the knight rider feature where it can come to you in a parking lot.
    I'm over 100K on my second Hyundai, and closing in on my 3rd. They are great vehicles.

Yes they are great vehicles. I didn't know the price of Tesla's dropped that much for a base model. I am sticking to Hyundai's. They have always treated me well.

Tesla are cool and what not but I think I would never trust automated cars 100%. And I saw people who sleep while the car drives alone.
    I miss my XD too. Tho it's still here in the family but I can't drive her cause I don't have insurance on her.

+ Reply to Thread