[XD] Cam and Crank seals
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cam and Crank seals

Newbie Bronk93 has not yet proved knowledgeable

Default Cam and Crank seals

When changing the water pump and timing belt should I also replace the the cam and crankshaft seals? My car is a 2001 with just over 90k miles but if I'm going this far I want to replace everything I can while I'm in there. If I should replace the seals, how easy is it? I've never done something like this and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Default Re: Cam and Crank seals

I wish I could help you but I can't. The changing of the timing belt is one thing I won't do myself as it rarely needs to be done and if one thing goes wrong it could screw up the engine. I have my Hyundai dealership do it so that I know it is done correctly. Songee and Ilanpro could probably help you with that but they haven't been on for awhile.

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

Default Re: Cam and Crank seals

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    I wish I could help you but I can't. The changing of the timing belt is one thing I won't do myself as it rarely needs to be done and if one thing goes wrong it could screw up the engine. I have my Hyundai dealership do it so that I know it is done correctly. Songee and Ilanpro could probably help you with that but they haven't been on for awhile.
    Same at me. I wouldn't do that by myself It's away too difficult. Lucky now days cars have timing chain and not belts.

AVANTE XD- Excellent Driving .

+ Reply to Thread