[MD/UD] Looking for tweeters
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for tweeters

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

Default Looking for tweeters

Hey! .
    Lots of time since I posted something here..
    So I'm looking to replace my oem tweeters on my AD and I saw this for start:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Blaupunk...178a%7Ciid%3A1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tweeter-Car...178a%7Ciid%3A1

I'm really not an expert with tweeters so every help will be great . Thanks

AVANTE XD- Excellent Driving .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for tweeters

Why just the tweeters? The factory sound system is the first thing I replaced in my car with something far superior. I went with Polk Audio at first but eventually got Hertz Mille 3-way.

I would say if you are going to replace just the tweeters, find out if your car has an amplifier other than the head unit, and if so or not, find out what the rating is for that output. Remember, it's about RMS watts, not max watts.

I already ordered Hertz ECX 16.5 for my front speakers. My head unit is the original one. But I'm also digging for tweeters .

Quick inspection and wash of my ex- Elantra this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uye9_LQfZ9o

Last edited by Elantra2005; 12-17-2019 at 01:08 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Very clean car. Great job.

Keep in mind the Hertz speakers you ordered already have a tweeter in them, so to add another might make the speakers more shrill.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    Very clean car. Great job.

Keep in mind the Hertz speakers you ordered already have a tweeter in them, so to add another might make the speakers more shrill.
    Clean yes but not as the days it's was belong to me and trunk and roof paint start to fade .
    Now For the results on the speakers swapping.

Oem speaker had to be ripped of so I can use the original basket.

I watched tutorials in Youtube that really helped me to figure out how to use the original speaker housing. Sadly the original speakers that came with the car had to be destroyed in order to use the basket for the new speaker.
    Removing the door panel is very easy in AD generation. Just taking one Philips screw that hidden in the armrest pocket. The whole door is engaged with plastic clips.
    Sound quality got much crisper and more clear but I somewhat feel the speakers give less bass response in some melodies.
    I have to say the original Hyundai speakers are far more better than they used to have like I had on my Elantra XD when I bought the car. Hyundai gives more attention to sound quality in the stock non Luxury models like mine. And I think most of the people would stick with the stock speakers unless they stop working.
    Now my next idea is to look for rear doors speakers .
    Last edited by Elantra2005; 12-24-2019 at 10:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread