Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Engine Pictures

233K views 401 replies 156 participants last post by  dustingummo89 
#1 ·
so fordfasterr asked me to post my engine pics and anyone else who wants to should post in here so that they are all in one place... one of the pictures is from when my engine was bone stock... the other one was after we removed that stupid plastic cover, the heat shield and ghetto rigged a SRI by taking apart the air box and sticking a K&N on the plastic tubing.... and the other is my current engine with: shark racing strut bar, optima yellowtop battery, 8.5mm magstar wires (underneath that plastic part), and CAI... also have NGK vpowers... and it just rained and i have to park underneath some trees thats why there are leaves on my windsheild if you noticed...

#3 ·
THANKS!!! :D makes me feel good since i didn't think it looked nearly as good as like fords or tricked..... still got some thigns to be done in there... like grounding wires, header, and BBTB and fords ported IM but its time for me to head to the gym but i'll be checking here when i get back from the gym and others need to post their engines too! cause i wanna see everyone elses

#4 · (Edited)
This is from August last year. Besides the free mods everyone has done, there's the CAI, the strut tower brace and Jspeed accessory pulleys.

I'll get an updated pic soon once I receive and install the Nology wires that are on their way.

#8 ·
Hahaha, I didn't even really notice that myself. Axlestands sink nicely into hot pavement, so I use the plywood under them, I guess I didn't pull it out before I took the pic.

#11 ·
hmmm... i have a keyless entry and alarm but don't have that box there.... then again i have an 02

#13 ·
This is mine, nothing fancy.

#15 ·
ok... here is my OPPINION on this engine bay:

1. CAI looks great.
2. Strut bar looks good.
3. BLUE plug wires .. snap !
4. Optima Yellow top = cool :)

Dislikes:

1. No ground wire kit ?
2. Missing heat shield on factory header ? HEEEAT !!!
3. Bungee cord holding battery down ? OUCH !
4. Not a clean install with the power amp purple cable.. (try to hide it better).
5. Clean the hoses & all black plastic parts in the engine bay with tire shine spray. :) make them look new again !

#16 ·
My strut bar is just the EvoFusion bar. I bent the washers tightening the bar to the mounting plates. I plan on picking up some new bolts and washers, that are tougher and also stainless, as rust looks bad.

#17 · (Edited)
i have yet to get a ground wire kit don't worry i will be getting one, as per your suggestion ford i will be putting the heat sheild back on, i am about to remove my system cause its too much weight... i love the sound and it sounds sooooo perfect but... i'd rather be faster, and thanks for the suggestion with the tire shine!! WILL DO!! :abovelol:... as for the bungee cord.... help!! the way the factory battery was held in obviously doesn't work for this one.... how can i fix that?

#18 ·
more people need to post their engine pictures... i was looking at focusfanatics.com casue thats what he has and alot of people posted their pics... and i wanna see some engines!

#19 · (Edited)
Cypher said:
whats that gray box on the top right under the strutbar?
I have this gray box too, but mine didn't come with a factory alarm. Maybe it's just on Canadian cars.

Maybe it's a "Black Box" to record every conversation and data logging.

Edit* I just noticed it's on Slow2k2GT's as well.

#24 ·
Jamnaccent02 said:
Heck yeah thats clean. Dam!
Thanks!

Engine is cleaned and dressed once per month! I am a Auto Detailer so I have to set an example...lol Oh the pressure :eek:

Gun5 said:
heard pressure washer works good on engine bay.. also some kind of engine dressing never seen it in stores though
Not to take the thread off topic...Yes..pressure Washer is Ok, but don't blast the hell out of anything for too long. Just keep the water moving around, and take care to not soak electric components or alternator.

I use Meguiar's #40 to dress the engine and just leave it to air dry! I do wipe up excess drops etc. Then I spray again for extra shine! I do wax the painted areas under the hood!

Usually can be found in retail stores!

#25 ·
f1guy68 said:
Thanks!

Engine is cleaned and dressed once per month! I am a Auto Detailer so I have to set an example...lol Oh the pressure :eek:

Not to take the thread off topic...Yes..pressure Washer is Ok, but don't blast the hell out of anything for too long. Just keep the water moving around, and take care to not soak electric components or alternator.

I use Meguiar's #40 to dress the engine and just leave it to air dry! I do wipe up excess drops etc. Then I spray again for extra shine! I do wax the painted areas under the hood!

Usually can be found in retail stores!
never seen it, ill try autozone

wonder if u can use that shit on the gt molding to eh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.