Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

I can't freaking believe this.. rapper with a college degree?

22K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  Silentwolf 
#1 ·
#2 ·
well, in order to make it in this day and age, a BA or even BS is nothing but a HS diploma from the 70s-80s... so im not that surprised

#6 · (Edited)
wow it never surprises me that Caucasians will allways down play or dismiss the successes of others.

you guys act like black people or famous black people arent educated, or if they are its a surprise.

#11 · (Edited)
lil waye did not attend college, hes a highscool drop out. he dropped out when he was 14. but lol at supergls!!!! and to teh kid that said something about caucasians downplaying blacks.

Please don't put us all in a category with the OP. I disagree with this thread as much as anyone should.
i think it's a funny thread, but not funny at teh same time, it all depends on you're sense of humor about what others have to say if you take this racially, in high school i did a paper for comp about musicians/rappers getting an education and youll be surprised on how many have went to college, dropped out, or dropped out before highschool.

#17 ·
I was saying Rappers in general. Vanilla Ice and Slim Shady didn't go to college either.

Rap music isn't necessarily an intelligent form of music; they prove it by their lyrics.

Montell Jordan is the man!!!

Please show me some sources of a rapper that successful earned a degree in college.

#23 · (Edited)
Rap music isn't necessarily an intelligent form of music; they prove it by their lyrics.
No genre of music is necessarily an intelligent form of music (college is not a necessity.) Every genre has artists that lack any kind of artistic substance. Every genre also has artists that work to expand the artform. In the case of rap, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, etc etc.

#20 ·
Keyan.

You are my ****ing hero.

I'm Bo' Yo!

But seriously I would NOT equate rapping to education. That's pretty much like saying HEY. My Hyundai is like a Koenigsegg....IN WHAT FREAKIN WAY!

#22 ·
I love that video. I really, really, really do.

I hate the people that live the stereotypes of being 'ghetto' and 'hood'.

My father used to live in the ghetto and hood, and from the stories he's told me, why in the HELL would you want to live like that.

**** like that makes me shamed to share the same ethnic background as them...oh wait....

#24 ·
haha yes, i am black... and to let you know, listen to jedi mind tricks or immortal technique and tell me that their vocabulary is 2nd grade like the op assumes

#27 ·
Poop, You are POOP!, I think you are the most narrow minded, Racist person on this bored. It's no wonder you get your car vandalized all the time.
Now if I came here and started a thread about Gay folks not being allowed in the KKK you'd have a SH!TFIT! about it.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!!

#29 ·
Calm down Slyderdai and take a deep breath. So you think putting an American flag on my car means the driver is a narrow-minded racist fool? What are you trying to say?

I'm not trying to be offensive. I just observe things in everyday life. I have friends of all color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.