Hello everyone it has been a while since I have been on here. The last time I had some pblems with my 2002 Hyundai Elantra one of the threads on here helps immensely. I find myself baffled by a loss of power and a backfire. The engine seems to do alright when overdrive kicks in. I also...
___When engine is cold (Florida climate)____
- As soon as the car is turned on I get a really rough idle and/or vibration, then it smooths out
- Turning on the AC and/or putting the car in drive make the car idle very rough (about twice as hard as it used to 3 months ago)
- If I turn on the AC...
2002 Hyundai Elantra GT 2.0L 140k miles
- Intermittent rough idle when hot, slight shutter, surges between 700-800rmp
- Intermittent hesitation when accelerating, cylinder 2 misfire when hot and under load
- Misfires in all gears under load, mostly when under 2000rpm
- Code P0302 when...
Recently my 2002 Elantra Auto started throwing a P0302 code, with a rough idle.
Read through the various threads here, and my guess is that it's most likely the intake manifold gasket? Seems like that's a common failure for '01/'02 Elantras lately.
I replaced the spark plugs (NGK...