Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my G-Tech and ran several 0-60 mph runs. Conditions were 63 degrees F, high humidity, county highway, 16" CRT monitor in the back (added weight), a/c and fan off. Best run was 9.12 seconds. I would probably call it a soft launch. In the hands of a pro doing a hard launch, I expect it would run around a 8.5 sceond 0-60 mph, maybe a little better, maybe a little worse. BTW about 600 miles on the car, I did not red-line the car.

- Woody

I forgot - 5 speed. Only mod ground wires.

- Woody

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well, you realy didn't establish a baseline since you didn't drive the car like you would after break in.

·
Registered
378 Posts
04 elantra cvvt said:
But a baseline is a baseline nonetheless. If he drives it consitantly like he drove it that time, he will know what gains he as made.
Yeah, but he only drove it that way because he didn't want to get on it since the car isn't broke in.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AUTOBOT,

I agree. I'm, still not driving the car as agressively as I would once I'm past the break in (seems to be disagreement on what the break in is, I figure once past about 1,000 miles I'm pretty much there.)

My plan is to take a serious base-line once I'm past 1,000 miles, then do the CAI, and get new (hopefully improved) times. I mainly posted the times because I don't see many posts on 0 - 60 mph, mainly 1/4 mile times on modified cars.

- Woody

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
hey, change the oil before you really get on it, but im sure you know that

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THARPTROY,

Yup - I changed the oil at about 400 miles.

- Woody

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
How much modification are you planning? What is the fastest 0-60 for an XD that we know about?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WATSON,

Not sure of fastest xd times. I have seen mags rate the xd around 8.5 and I believe I saw one rate it at 8 second 0-60 mph. But this was not for the 2004 CVVT, which I think would be marginally faster.

I plan on CAI, and am thinking seriously about Powerchip Gold 91 mod after that. I want to stay away from exhaust, headers for now, because I have a brand new car (2004 GT Hatchback 5 spd).

- Woody

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
What is the fastest modified XD time that we know of? You will like the powerchip I got it!

·
Large Member
3,538 Posts
It's much easier to change the exhaust now than when the car is older. I just put the KORE catback on my car (2002 GT) and I had to cut the bolts off to get the exhaust off; it took me a few hours, where if I'd done it while the car was new (and the bolts not corroded) it would have been easier.

Perhaps if you're considering changing the exhaust later you could check at a marine or hi-perf auto parts store for stainless steel metric nuts for the factory exhaust. Just something to keep in mind.

I understand, though, if you don't want to waste the money replacing something that works immediately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts