Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the listing MUST be incorrect because the 04s have a different instrument cluster than the 01-03....but someone else please check it out and reaffirm my suspicions. :(

http://www.sharkracing.com/in/hyundai/gauges-supervision.html

(not that I would deal with that company ever again, but I need piece of mind to know I am not missing out on an awesome accessory) :tongue:

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
The Dino's gauges are complete replacements if I remember correctly, not just the overlay type, which would explain why they may fit the 04s. They don't need to follow the template of the OEMs, since they are their own. I thought these only came in KPH though?

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are complete face replacements....BUT WHERE WOULD THE ACTUAL NEEDLES (AND THE SPEED, FUEL, TEMP, TACH) signals come from!!!! :(

They still need to fit OVER the factory gauges and have the facotry needles in the centers! :tongue:

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
No, they don't. They probably connect to the wiring harness if they are tre replacements.

"Needles do not need to be taken out when installing the gauges. You will need to cut out the stock gauges for proper fitment. Professional installation recommended. Refunds or replacements are not available for damage due to incorrect installation."

I don't know what "cut out" means, but there you have it.

And yeah, they are only in KMH.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I actually contacted Brad at EvoFusion and they might consider doing a pre-buy for 01-03 and 04 OEM-look gauges with MPH, no "Supervision/Dino" logos, and our choice of backlighting..they would need 20 per item for pre-production to start. :)

Plus if you look at the pictures (the one at the bottom of the page) of the cluster they sell, the factory needles are what shows on the gauges. http://www.teamsr.org/Hyundai/01elantra-cluster5D.html

And since the 04 has a different dash cluster size, gauge layout,etc, the one for the 01-03 will not work (EVO does not list the current KPH gauges as fitting 04s)...plus the 05 will have the same cluster as the 04s...so why not get 04-on specific parts in the works! US 2004 GUYS ARE SUFFERING! :(

I think those gauges are awesome and a great alternative to indiglos or white faces for all of us! :cool:

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Yeah that there is a complete cluster replacement! they will fit in the dash where they are supposed to go!

·
Registered
268 Posts
The GT's have different shaped gauges from the gls Elantras this may make it even more difficult for replacements to be made but if they made reverse indiglows I would get them

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought the gauges where the same on the 04s (no matter if the car is a GLS or GT)...I have seen the GT gauges in an 04 GT and they look exactly the same as the ones on my GLS, except for the backlighting!

I guess we will have to wati to see if EVO shows some interest. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts