Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Well my friend just got a 04 wrx and it sounds sick. I was wondering if there is any possible way i can make my car sound similar to that deep growl the wrx gives off, is there an exhaust or something that will help achieve this?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
yeah, it's called a turbo exhaust. that wrx doesn't sound like that on exhaust alone, that burbly sound comes from the exhaust hooked up to a turbo.

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
You'll never be able to get the sound the WRX produces, because of two reasons. The first is mentioned above, and the second is the fact that the WRX uses a Boxer engine. Try as you might, you'll never get a Beta II to sound as good as a Boxer.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
yeah that too :D

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
If you're asking "where can I buy a turbo", it's probably not something for you. Just get an evo exhaust or something, they sound good enough, and resign yourself that your elantra is never going to sound like a wrx. Or just buy a wrx.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're asking "where can I buy a turbo", it's probably not something for you. Just get an evo exhaust or something, they sound good enough, and resign yourself that your elantra is never going to sound like a wrx. Or just buy a wrx.
word i understand that it will never sound like a wrx now ...but why do u say a turbo is not for me?

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
Building and maintaining a turbo kit is not a task for beginners.

He's implying that if you don't know where to buy a turbo, there's a slim chance you know what needs to be done to make it work.

I suggest you search this site THROUROUGHLY before you consider boosting your car.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Hey guys. Well my friend just got a 04 wrx and it sounds sick. I was wondering if there is any possible way i can make my car sound similar to that deep growl the wrx gives off, is there an exhaust or something that will help achieve this?
Get an 05 WRX and dust him.

·
Resident Leg Puller
411 Posts
cutting the bottom out of the stock air box will create a nice growling noise :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.