1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
454 Posts
The legacy is definately hot. I wonder how they detuned the motor or if it is possibley underrated like the Forester XT. Won't be long once there out before you see some 300+hp ones out there.

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... true. The STI motor is a beautiful thing. A 2.5L 4 cylinder w/ a turbo = good low-end torque, very little turbo lag, and lots of potential. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I keep getting torn...

Outback (05 Turbo) or Jaguar X-Type for my next car...decisions, decisions.

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
SuperGLS said:
I don't like the Monte Carlo-esque headlights. They look terrible to me. I'd rather just get the STI.

(Wow, that's a really negative post, haha).
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. You also like the older Ford Taurus body-style, haha. ;)

2BIT said:
I just watched Car and Driver tonite. They compared a WRX against a Mitsubish Lancer Evo, and they chose the EVO over the WRX....
I think I saw that same episode. They were compariing the EVO with the WRX STi. The EVO had a more tied-down feel and better handling overall... that was the biggest advantage it had over the STi.

Anyway, I sat in the new Legacy and looked at it pretty closely, and it is a top-notch car in its pricerange. They made a huge improvement over the previous model. It's to the point where it can compete with an Audi A4 & the BMW 3 series... but it's significantly cheaper and Subaru has more impressive reliability ratings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.