Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post but have been lurking around a bit. Nice forum.

I have an 06 Elantra GLS, 5sp manual tranny, 65k miles. Just had the timing belt done. I have an axle leak near the tranny and have been trying to get it fixed at the dealer.

In my continuing saga to get the dealer to replace the oil seal with the correct one, I've been left wondering if anyone really knows the true correct OEM part number for the axle oil seal. I have an OEM part, 4311928010 that I got from one dealer but when I called the dealer who is going to do the repair, they said that's not the part number they have ordered. Does anyone know the correct part number for the oil seal for my make/model or can someone tell me how I can figure this out? I don't want to have the dealer tell me they have the wrong part after I show up. They've already done this once.

·
Registered
208 Posts
haha nicely done LeShadow! just keep changing the last digit and sooner or later you'll come across the right part

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Hopefully the repair shop got the right part. It looks like 4311928003 should be it. I will go check out the site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4311928003 appears to have been the correct part. The shop replaced the seal and it stopped the leak. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok so i got a 2005 GT 5 spd. i just replaced my passenger side cv axle.(wheel side boot was torn slinging grease) i did everything myself. im in the marine corps so i really dont have the money just to throw my baby in the shop. i replaced it filled the tranny with gl4-5 75/90w first couple of days everything is fine i check it out after a very minimul day of driving and notice a little oil slung up on the transaxle from the side i just replaced... i drive it keeping a close eye on it leak starts getting worse. obviously my transaxle seals are bad... how hard is it to Do it yourself at a garage with stand by mechanics and any tool you could imagine.(lifts, presses, you name it)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts