Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
well according to that, with my xd, weighing 2900lbs, and 160 (crank) hp, it says i should be running a 15.19 at 89.08. it has to go by CHP because if i put in 3000lbs and 140hp, it says 16.06 @ 84, which i am 100% sure is incorrect :D

·
Noob (play gunbound?)
1,336 Posts
Crank HP eh? I guess it does not take into account reaction times. But Crank HP would be quite inaccurate because the parasitic loss is highly variable from car to car (even among the same make and model).

But the calculator seems consistent with Crank HP. (if you compensate for reaction time).

·
12,676 Posts
jayupark said:
Crank HP eh? I guess it does not take into account reaction times. But Crank HP would be quite inaccurate because the parasitic loss is highly variable from car to car (even among the same make and model).

But the calculator seems consistent with Crank HP. (if you compensate for reaction time).
reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with ET's. the clock does not start until you do. you can sit at the tree for 30 seconds trying to get your rpms exactly where you want them, run your race and still run a 15 sec 1/4.

·
12,676 Posts
its not a yelling situation that needs caps...i bolded it to make sure you saw it clearly :)

·
Noob (play gunbound?)
1,336 Posts
:D thanks. At least now I won't look like a complete idiot when I do talk to ppl at the track (if I ever go).

This is one cool tool though.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Wow such response. So how would you compensate for the innacuracies?

·
Registered
466 Posts
the fact that theres no input for gearing, the calculators cant be taken truly seriousely. so dont be let down if it claims alot faster time then you actually run.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
@ 2700lbs with me in the car and assuming 160bhp = 14.83 @ 91.23. which is right because i know if i had gotten out to the track one more time i'd have done better. especially if i went to a better track.

·
the world ends dec21 2012
1,294 Posts
i dont know how much my car weighs but lets say its on the heavy side at 2900 lbs and a very conservative crank horsepower guess of 180 i do a 14.60 @ 92.65 hmm who knows if its right

·
Crazy Imaginative
410 Posts
still pretty cool.

now if only i had 2000 hp...
Here goes being really anal about something mode:

Horsepower only tells half the story, peoples.

What about torque?

Seriously, even if you had, like, 9000hp, it ain't going to be worth nothin' unless you have enough torque to be able to feasibly use it. (that's why hondas are made fun of here... sure, there is hp, BUT WHERE'S THE TORQUE?)

Now, the calc needs to take into account tire condition, wind resistance, gearing, torque at the gears, when turbos spool (if you do happen to use turbos), and so many other variables.

I know I'm being an anal about this. But still, pretty cool.

·
Registered
27 Posts
well according to that, with my xd, weighing 2900lbs, and 160 (crank) hp, it says i should be running a 15.19 at 89.08. it has to go by CHP because if i put in 3000lbs and 140hp, it says 16.06 @ 84, which i am 100% sure is incorrect :D
Wow your XD is almost 300 pounds heavier than my XD my curb weight is just over 2600 in stock trim

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow your XD is almost 300 pounds heavier than my XD my curb weight is just over 2600 in stock trim

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
The XD is NOT in the 2600 pound range. Hyundai claimed the weight was just over 2600, but they actually republished the weight of the older, smaller, lighter J2.

In 2001 Caranddriver magazine tested an '01 XD, base model, manual, no options. On their scale, it weighed 2886.
Some people claim 26xx pounds. But anyone that has ACTUALLY had their XD on a scale knows that the 26xx figure was BS.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts