Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
hard face
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I've been lately on a racing site in P.R. and there's this guy claiming his 02 XD top out at 131 MPH :eek: on an auto but chek out his MOD 17 or 18 " wheels,ingectors and ecu. I've been talking to this guy for few days now but to tell you the this guy makes no sence. every time I say something he comes out with something more senceless. HOW THE HELL THIS 3 MOD WILL MAKE YOU TOP OUT AT 131 MPH. the only way I know is changing the ECU and that alone won't do it.
:bs:

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
if he has a f'd up tire size it could throw his speedo off!

·
hard face
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he posted a pis of his car with konig 17'' and 205/40/17
that's what most of us use and we are not even near 120MPH.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
some people have a problem with lying, and alot of car guys (particularly guys in cheap compact cars) really really like to lie about their car. This is one of those people

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
hmm a speed limited 114 mph car going 131? uhm well.

take the car on a nice 4 mile up plane ride, push said car out of plane. Terminal velocity will be achieved, ricer flyby of honduh using got NOS? sticker to fall faster inevitable.

shawn :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
gerardoleroy said:
chek out his MOD 17 or 18 " wheels,ingectors and ecu.
I don't quite understand what you mean here. Chip? Piggyback ECU? Stand alone?
Anyway, if that ECU mod helped him to get rid of the speed limiter, then 131mph is pretty realistic to me.

·
hard face
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the funny thing is his telling me that it takes alot of $$$ to do so. to start looking for HP then get bigger injectors and trick the ECU. then he said that his car is stock that the only things are the injectors and ecu. the pic he posted the car looks super low to the ground (in P.R. lots of guys cut the springs) now if that is the case I can see that car jumping like a frog all the way to 131mph. don't get me wrong in P.R. there are alot of good techs and he may be telling the true la pulga is an accent running 9s in 1/4 but is just that he hasn't prove to me otherwise, he keep telling me... I can't tell you all I know.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
no way will we hit 131, my mx6 v6 stick would top out at 129 no speed limiter.

that was pushing 200 hp too....

i doubt a n/a non INTERNAL ENGINE (thanks kspec) tuned car could hit that speed.

·
hard face
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
BlueGT said:
I don't quite understand what you mean here. Chip? Piggyback ECU? Stand alone?
Anyway, if that ECU mod helped him to get rid of the speed limiter, then 131mph is pretty realistic to me.
That's the thing his not telling.
the only way I think is possible is changing the ECU for one of the new tibi,and so far no one has try it to know if it works or not.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
it really really really sounds like he's full of shit. the xd has no need for larger injectors (in its stock form) and there just isnt a whole lot of power that can be extracted from this motor without modifying the physical parts. however, he may have somehting like the powerchip that eliminates the governor, and he was going down a steep incline.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
sed said:
no way will we hit 131, my mx6 v6 stick would top out at 129 no speed limiter.

that was pushing 200 hp too....

i doubt a n/a non INTERNAL ENGINE (thanks kspec) tuned car could hit that speed.

stock rd 126 and had to slow down because of the traffic.... so my car maybe capable of more than that....

·
hard face
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OdessitPashka said:
stock rd 126 and had to slow down because of the traffic.... so my car maybe capable of more than that....
my 97 elantra top out at 125 MPH but that's a diferent story.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I hit the 125mph rev limiter in my 2004 5speed pretty easily. There's enough revs left to do well over 140mph... IF, I repeat if the horsepower was there and the speed limiter was removed! I don't know of the autos have the same amount of gearing left. 131mph is only 210km/h. I've had my Accent to 210km/h (don't ask me to explain how, it's a terrible story of stupidity)

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
If he had work done on the stock ECU to remove the speedlimiter and also raise the rev limit this is very possible. They have been messing with the ECUs down in PR for a while, the only problem is they do not use a US spec ECU, so whatever they do will not work for us.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have often hit 110mph easily, and I have an automatic with intake and cat back. I'm sure if you get rid of the speed limiter you can get up to 131 without too much effort.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well Im from P.R. and I know some guy can do this, well i dont know if 131 i real but i run once and when my car go 113mph he still goin and goin and goin, so maybe is true

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
OdessitPashka said:
the rd has shorter gears....i hit 126 in my tib.....and if we didnt have a limiter on our cars we could hit 130 easily....no doubt about it....the beta II gear box is geared longer....its possible

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
i surpassed the first governor and went to 120 where there must be another one or something . . . if he was going down a steep incline it may be possible if he had an ecu where it bypassed the governor automatically. . . at about 120-125 the car would just rev and jump down and rev and so on . . like redlining only not actually to the point where it could not rev any higher. . . it just wouldnt be allowed . . .so this guy just probably has a modified ecu and he CAN reach 131 but hey its his engine he's killing . . .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts