Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
194 Wedge Matrix bulbs intsalled. WOOOOT!!!

I got them today, and I think they are going to work just fine. It's not dark yet, so I don't know fully, but I can already tell that I am going to have some hot-spots. I don't think it will be nearly as bad as the other ones, but we'll see tonight. I'll post pics later.
Edit: Here are the pics. There are still some small hot-spots, but nothing to horrible. I think that Superlumination.com is fixing to be really busy!
Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
i like it, those are the stock gauges... i have an 02 haha. i'd look into that if it's reasonable. i love blue gauge lights. what is the price? call me lazy if you must haha.

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
would you be able to take an even more close-up picture?

Also, how many of each bulb (are other bulb types needed?) is needed to do the complete color change?

THANKS AGAIN....carpeting pics to come in a week

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
That is really nice! I'm thinking of red to get that Jetta look....

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
Very nice. One question though, do you think that the 194 Wedge LED's would fit in the 3 spots on the HVAC? Could you try it and let us know? If so then it'll be easier then the LED conversion that was created a while back.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jacksonj said:
Very nice. One question though, do you think that the 194 Wedge LED's would fit in the 3 spots on the HVAC? Could you try it and let us know? If so then it'll be easier then the LED conversion that was created a while back.
No, the HVAC's are not 194's

Keyan, all I had to do was pull the old bulbs out and put these in. It's as easy as that. No soldering, no cutting, no nothing. Just make sure you put them in with the correct polarity.

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
hmmmm...i really dont want to have hot spots...I might just go for blue replacement bulbs....

any advice on opening the cluster to change out the bulbs?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trust me, I have tried the whole colored bulb thing. It doesn't work for crap. The only problem is, you can't see a damn thing. It is really easy to change the bulbs, just remove the cluster, and twist the bulb out of the back. Took me a total of 15 minutes to change everything. And the bright spots are not that bad at all, as you can see from the pics.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts