Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
LMAO, well I've been saying it for the past THREE years that it could be done and what d'ya know its finally happened. :)
I wonder though what the dimensional differences between the two (Tib, Sonata) engines is.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
want a cookie? ;)

The only problem is, they don't make them in stick do they? I mean whats the point? put in a shiftronic bahahahahahaha

shawn :)

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I think in the other thread that this was posted in said the engine came from an XG which is only auto. But you could still probably make a Tib gearbox fit considering how much work is being done just for the swap.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
:) carbon.

What i am saying though, is that this PARTICULAR swap was from an xg, not a tib.

And i NEVER ONCE ever disagreed with you that it couldn't be done.

shawn ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just went to the web site. Seems like in Korea they make 350XG with 2.5 engine. He swaped the engine this year and he says there is no problem with it so far. He's got head polished, some kind of throtlle body, air cleaner(?), intake, oil cooler. For anybody else who can read korean just let me know.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
yea last few weeks ive been wondering if a tib v6 would fit in our cars but i kno it wil now if the xg does

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
The 2.7 should be the same block as the 2.5.

As for bolt ups, I know the automatic bolts right up to it, but the 5 speed also should as well. If they have the same bolt pattern,

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
oh, in Korea, there is no 350XG. There is 2.0, 2.5, 2.7, 3.0
3.0 has automatic, others, automatic is optional.
3.0 , 3.5 V6 and 4.5 V8 is for Top Model Hyundai Equus (Automatic only)

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
I wonder why we can't get the 4.5 V8?

·
Registered
130 Posts
on the hyundai webtech website, the auto and manual for the 2.7 have the SAME bolt pattern...

p.s. the transmission for the 04 elantra *5 speed manual* is the SAME transmission n the 2.7 TIburon *but not the 2.0 tiburon... confused*

cross checked part numbers online for whole tranmission systems
M5GF2 is the transmission model number M5GF1 is for the 2.0 tibby...

·
Registered
540 Posts
SPIKE said:
:abovelol:

Yeah the swap cost would not be worth it, would rather Turbo a beta and smoke the hell out of that thing sorry
I think you'd have a little bit less realiability issues.

Why is it that everyone seems to think turboing our cars are going to be so damned easy. If in fact it is just THAT EASY and THAT cheap, why hasn't anyone done it? The ones who thought about it, and seemed to have the chutzpa to do it, AND finally got the money, seemed to have bought things, oh... Like, other cars?

Don't get me wrong, wonderful plan and yay, an idea. I'd probably do it if I had the gobs of money it'll take for all the dyno time and parts and labor. Oh, and not to mention another car as a daily driver. But jesus folks.. Everytime someone mentions "Oh wow, let's do an engine swap," someone has to come out and say it'd be cheaper to turbo it. If this were the case most of the time, why do you see Honda kids swapping instead of turboing their smaller engines? There is bound to be a huge surplus of turbo crap for their cars, but they swap. Hmmm... On another note, before that gets flamed. How much could a used 2.7 V6 possibly cost from some creep who wrapped himself around a tree? How much do you REALLY think fabricating engines mounts will cost? labor is probably going to be the same regardless.. Unless you happen to know a nice mechanic who works for beer.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
The reason the honda guys are swapping engines is because #1 their 4 bangers are sometimes .4 liters less diplacement than ours and a 1.6 will never make as much power as a 1.8 or 2.0, 2.2 with the same work done to it. #2 is because there are tons of engines available #3 the honda engine depending on model respond pretty well to n/a mods.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Seen the Dinan Cooper S? 1.6liter monster rocket man.

Also, the Delta seems to respond pretty well to NA modifications. And hell, why don't we swap a Honda engine in? :) K series. Get custom mounting crap and put the engine and tranny in from an RSX. ;) I bet it would fit.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Phiber said:
Seen the Dinan Cooper S? 1.6liter monster rocket man.

Also, the Delta seems to respond pretty well to NA modifications. And hell, why don't we swap a Honda engine in? :) K series. Get custom mounting crap and put the engine and tranny in from an RSX. ;) I bet it would fit.
You should be banned for suggesting a hoduh engine in a XD :mad: j/k

Swapping the 2.7 and then adding all of Nextgen's n/a parts would be unique and pretty damn cool but for the same $$ you can boost your XD without making motor mounts, splicing the wire harnesses and probably a couple other issues that are sure to arise. More power for less money with a boosted beta II compared to a hopped up n/a 2.7. Most n/a tibs are right around 200whp I think. Now with 3K you can get a alpine tc kit and make 230-250 right off the bat.

As far as the Dinan Cooper S sure it's a rocket but you missed my point completely. If Dinan were able to use the same mods on a 2 liter with the same head design, compression, etc.. they would get even more power. The problem with the Cooper is there is no room in the engine bay for anything much bigger than the stock components. Just to get at the sc in that car you have to pull most of the front end off.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts