Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2001 Elantra GLS. The rims are not original, but same size as factory. As I am moving to "the country" in a few short months, I am curious what the largest tire size will fit comfortably in the wheel base is. Currently, I have 195/65-r15 on all 4 wheels, no problems. The terrain can get very muddy after the rains and the snow melts. The smallest sized deep lug tires I seem to be able to find are

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 205/70 R15 96S G012, , RBL

Is that too large to fit (irregardless of the speedometer difference?)

Does anyone know of any smaller off-road tires they would recommend?

My daily commute will be 20 miles, half on dirt (high clay) roads, in a mountainous area (New Mexico.) Currently, I chain it if I need to (if the mud is too deep.) Probably only need chains 15 days out of the year. Hoping beefy tires could eliminate the need for chains (mostly.)

Thanks

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
at first, i was like what the **** is a deep lug tire? then i read what u posted and i was like OHHHHH! lmao

the biggest issue with going bigger without cars, is the small amount of clearance we have between the tire and the strut. go too wide or too tall, n it will rub on it. so be very careful with how big u actually go.

if i had to guess... id say 205/70 shud be ok. but dont hold me to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts