Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm new here, so please bear with the newbie question :D

I want to upgrade the front rotors on my 2002 Elantra and want to use Brembo's. I called Brembo and they have one of their OEM upgrade replacements for the 99-00 Elantra, but nothing showing for '01 and up. I noticed on HyundaiPerformance.com that the cross-drilled KVR rotors they have for the '02 Elantra are for "99-03".

Does anyone know for sure if the '99's will fit on my '02?

Thanks for your time.

-Sean :D

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Brembos will fit your car, but why not just upgrade the entire package? Jay at Lia Hyundai in Enfield CT has a package that will completely revamp your stock rotors and calipers with the much larger and better Tiburon parts..

give him a call...

shawn :)

·
Newbie Forever
887 Posts
weihsean said:
Hi All,
I'm new here, so please bear with the newbie question :D

I want to upgrade the front rotors on my 2002 Elantra and want to use Brembo's. I called Brembo and they have one of their OEM upgrade replacements for the 99-00 Elantra, but nothing showing for '01 and up. I noticed on HyundaiPerformance.com that the cross-drilled KVR rotors they have for the '02 Elantra are for "99-03".

Does anyone know for sure if the '99's will fit on my '02?

Thanks for your time.

-Sean :D
I ordered the Brembo for my 99 and it turned out to be captive rotors, up to 98 Elantras. Many places went by HMA website were it was showing the wrong front brakes for the 99-00 years. In fact the 99-04 are the same front brakes... hope this helps.

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Brembos are nice....my friend has them on his 04 SE-R V SPEC.......boy do they lock up! Though if you got the space, the Tiburon brakes should be cool

Let us know how it does weihsean!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, thanks so much for the quick response, people! You all kick much arse.

I'm not looking to really trick her out much, so I'm using the stock rollers. Will the Tiburon brakes fit?

Also, according to the tech rep at Brembo (of course!), the Brembo rotors are made of a higher grade metal than the stock Hyundai stuff.

I'm concerned with warping. I tend to drive somewhat fast (80 plus) on most highways and I want something that will allow me to not worry too much about quick stops. The stock rotors held up ok for awhile, but they aren't too happy at the moment.

I was thinking the Brembo rotors and EBC green pads with the stock calipers, stainless lines (any suggestions where I can find those and how much $$$?).
Any thoughts? Thanks again people. You all rock \m/ :D

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Unfortunatly the tib brakes will not fit under the stock alloy wheels. If you have the steelies you should be ok but the clearance will be tight. Now if you wanted the use the special edition Tib calipers you would need 16" for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got my 17" Enkei OR52 Anthracite rims, and wanted to know if the tuburon brakes would fit with these rims. Does anyone have any pictures of what the Tib brakes look like???

thanks

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts