Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the archives but didn't really find the answer I was looking for. My 2002 door panels have the space for the tweeter but I haven't had the panel off yet to see if there's anything actually back there. I would like to upgrade the fronts and I was wondering: if the tweeter is there, did the 2002 come with a passive crossover to split the signal between the tweeter and the woofer? If there is a crossover, can I use it when I replace with better speakers?

Thanks for the help! Curtis

·
Registered
38 Posts
If ur car has the factory CD player in it- then there will be tweeters behind the covers in the door panel. there is no "crossover" just a small capacitor built into the tweeter unit its self. U can easily change it out, just buy a good component set, which will have a crossover with it. The tweeter covers cant be removed from the out side, without breaking them, just a friendly note. ~Andrew

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
nope, no crossover with the stock tweets. if you upgrade to better separates, they should come with their own crossovers anyway.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
2004 Elantra GLS
80 Posts
04 elantra cvvt said:
My 04 doesn't have tweeters behind the pannels. I haven't checked for the wiring though. If it's already there, that would be awesome.

It should, mine didnt come with a factory cd player and I replaced my front door speakers and saw the wiring for the tweeters, so the 04's must have the wiring regardless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts