Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the archives but didn't really find the answer I was looking for. My 2002 door panels have the space for the tweeter but I haven't had the panel off yet to see if there's anything actually back there. I would like to upgrade the fronts and I was wondering: if the tweeter is there, did the 2002 come with a passive crossover to split the signal between the tweeter and the woofer? If there is a crossover, can I use it when I replace with better speakers?

Thanks for the help! Curtis

·
Registered
38 Posts
If ur car has the factory CD player in it- then there will be tweeters behind the covers in the door panel. there is no "crossover" just a small capacitor built into the tweeter unit its self. U can easily change it out, just buy a good component set, which will have a crossover with it. The tweeter covers cant be removed from the out side, without breaking them, just a friendly note. ~Andrew

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
On my 2002 GLS with Cassette Deck and no tweeters had the wiring for the tweeters in the door panels. Since then I have got a CD Player and the GT Door Panels with tweeters and they hooked up no problem.

Be aware though, apparently some of the 2001's with no tweeters didn't come with the wiring. You should be ok with a 2002 though.

·
2004 Elantra GLS
80 Posts
04 elantra cvvt said:
My 04 doesn't have tweeters behind the pannels. I haven't checked for the wiring though. If it's already there, that would be awesome.

It should, mine didnt come with a factory cd player and I replaced my front door speakers and saw the wiring for the tweeters, so the 04's must have the wiring regardless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.