Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got in a front end accident and had to replace the entire front end of my car a few months back. I didn't know much about the car so I wasn't sure what was missing or what fell out when the accident occurred. So my question is, can someone post a picture of their engine bay so I can compare it to my own? The main issue I am worried about is this hose under the battery and the plastic piece that is connected to it. It says "open" on the top of the plastic with an arrow pointing one direction, and that plastic piece is all cracked and split, but still in my car. What does the hose do and what does the plastic piece do? Thank you for any help you can give and recommend.

I'll put up a picture or two of my bay so you can take a look at it

Attachments

·
Scary Super Mod
7,371 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its part of the air intake system, it goes that hose into the fender out of the fender on the other side of the battery into the box with the filter.

this thread has pics of all the parts http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/sho...OE-Intake-system-2003-GT&highlight=oem+intake
So if I were to get a cold air intake system? What would happen to the hose under the battery? Because from the pics I have seen, the CAI replaces the box and pipe, but has nothing to do with the hose under the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a ton, that helped out a lot. I just ordered a cai and I'll be installing it soon. I appreciate all the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts