Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Elantra GT(4 door) with 17's on 40 series tires. Looking to get some lowering springs.

a) How big of a drop should I look at?

b)What kind and who sells them?

Thanks

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
"a) How big of a drop should I look at?"
That depends... are you concerned about maintaining decent ride quality?

"b) What kind and who sells them?"
- Eibach (www.eibach.com) - 1" drop all around
- H&R (www.hrsprings.com) - 1.4" drop front / 1.3" drop rear
- there are many others with a bigger drop, I'll let someone else describe those ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im willing to give up ride quality for a more aggressive stance.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What should I look to spend and where is the best place to look for them? Im looking for anywhere froma 1.5-2.0" drop.

Thanks

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
"What should I look to spend and where is the best place to look for them? Im looking for anywhere froma 1.5-2.0" drop."

Most of the springs can be purchased for under $225. It seems like some of the other springs out there that drop more than 1.5" tend to have issues -- uneven stance, bouncy feel, etc. Except for the Apex springs, and last I heard they aren't available here in the US anymore. You might look at B&G and H&R though, I think they're probably both decent springs. H&R seems to be a little better known for their quality, however.

B&G - about 1.7" drop after settling
http://www.coximport.com/store/30-1-025

H&R - about 1.5" drop after settling
www.tirerack.com (I think they carry them, but don't list them on their site -- just call)

Keyan said:
and what's the most common (and safe) drop for 18' wheels without rubbing?
18-foot wheels! I don't think that's going to work. :tongue: Just messing with you.

You could probably get away with a 1.5" drop on 215/35-18 tires, and if the offset is right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts