Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any thought of this as a dd?
My wife had a rental for a week last year and really liked it. Now my sister in law wants one.
I believe it is a 4-cyl and auto
Not sure about any other options, but I know it has very low miles.
Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
It can dodge bbq grills that are thrown out of a moving truck better than the Toyota Camry - lol.

I think the Galant is a decent daily driver, minus mitsu's reputation of oil leaks and poor engine build quality. Mitsu's been struggling pretty bad lately, deals shouldn't be hard to find.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Not a bad car really. The rental fleet cars all seem to be base model cars with the automatic trans and the 2.4 liter 4cyl. The manual trans would be better for performance, but that motor is plenty strong enough to make the auto liveable. They are about as exciting as watching paint dry IMHO though.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The mitsubishi should do that without major worries. My wifes old car was a 96 Galant, she bought it used and put over 50,000 miles on it in three years. We replaced it last week because it began to have age related issues (timing belt needed replaced, AC compressor seized) But in the three years she drove the car up to that point, she had zero problems with it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Its a good car. Make sure you get at the very least, the LS model... its a V6. The GTS is the same as the LS, except with more fancy options.
You don't wanna buy that big heavy car with a 4 cyl. The V6 halls much better. Plus you get the Adaptive Shift Control with the LS and GTS, as well as ABS.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I wouldn't get another mitsu. even the interior quality of the cars is down their with ford. IMO I have had my share of them(3), but don't want to go back.

My fiance's godparrrents have a galant and I have driven it a few times, it's capable and hasn't givent them any problems. I think they have the GLS.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.