Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Golf Addict
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 6-speaker component system in the 2004 EGT compare similarly to one of Kenwood's retail packages? What size are they? What size speakers can be mounted in the EGT with minimal mods? I'm just hoping to find some more bass without adding a sub or amp anywhere.

Thanks!

-Roy

·
Registered
28 Posts
From what I have read they are just stock speakers. They are not Kenwood upgrades. If you are talking about the 5-dr, the speakers are 6 3/4 I believe. That is front and back. The sedan has 6x9's in the back deck. If you check Crutchfield.com they have comparable speakers. I believe you can put 6 1/2's with an adapter kit in place of the 6 3/4's. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can go with 6 3/4 in doors and on rears on the GT hatch. I've changed head unit to Pioneer Premier that puts out about 20 watts RMS per channel as opposed to the stock unit which probably only generates 10-15 watts. The theory is the more watts to the speaker(up to about 80% of their maximum,not peak,rating,) the more efficient,clean and better sounding the speaker
I changed out the rears to Pioneer 1670's 3 ways, cheap at $79 a pair, and added an Alpine amp to amp all interiors. The fronts are still stock and will be changed soon, but I gotta say, the sound after amping is worth the effort and mods can be done with the excellent assist of this site and DIY at http://elantragtclub.tripod.com/.
As for bass, a subwoofer is a must have for the punch and also makes your interiors more efficient by routing low frequency bass to the sub.
I'm using a multi-channel amp that allows for 100 Watts to the 10 inch sub which for rock/blues/jazz is plenty adequate. It's a matter of your taste in music and the bucks you have to spend.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Roydjt said:
Would it be possible to put 7" speakers in there?

Thanks!

-Roy

Im sure its possible, but you might have to cut metal to make the speaker work. However, what most people fail to consider is the Depth of the speaker. Remember, there isnt a lot of room in the door. the window needs to come down and a speaker magnet in the way is a good obstacle. It needs to be proper depth and diameter.

Good luck
Gregster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts