Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Do you Hyundai?
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious if anyone feels like I do? I kinda regret buying a Elantra GT when for a little more I could have gotten a base 5spd. GT V6 I bash my head with the numbers and how I am trying to find a way so I may purchase one. Dont get me wrong the Elantra rocks I know the Tiburon isnt the fastest or the best car on the road but for the features and price you cant beat it anyways thats my question.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nope not disappointed at all with the purchase. I see tiburons everywhere and hardly ever see a GT hatch. I also hang with stock V6s tibs in the 1/4 and smoke the 4cyl. right Lab? lol I always like the cars that people don't mod as much because you tend to stand out more.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
agreed...i lovedthe gt v6...but i love having four doors and wifey doesnt bug me when i talk about about doing somehting to a car that will be used for along time ;)

·
Do you Hyundai?
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't get me wrong guy's I love having four doors as well, but being in hyundai sales I get to drive Tiburons off and on so it's like rubbing it in my face! :cool:

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
I own/owned a 2003 Tib Gt V-6 etc..

Not that great dreaded clutch issues, not once but twice. In the shop more than on the road. So pissed each time.

They are not that fast, they do respond to mods well.

I am not having mixed feelings about getting rid of it @ all. Plus in like a year or 2 the new tibby will be out, hopefully no more beta (yeah they are getting rid of it) and the Theta will be proven and get some great numbers.

But for now the silver 2002 IS300 I will be driving soon will be just fine :)
Also may get an XD for the wife I am not sure yet

·
Registered
711 Posts
SPIKE said:
I own/owned a 2003 Tib Gt V-6 etc..

Not that great dreaded clutch issues, not once but twice. In the shop more than on the road. So pissed each time.

They are not that fast, they do respond to mods well.

I am not having mixed feelings about getting rid of it @ all. Plus in like a year or 2 the new tibby will be out, hopefully no more beta (yeah they are getting rid of it) and the Theta will be proven and get some great numbers.

But for now the silver 2002 IS300 I will be driving soon will be just fine :)
Also may get an XD for the wife I am not sure yet

spike has been converted from spending too much time at exd.. :D

he used to diss 4drs...and xd's haha now he has an is, word

·
Registered
499 Posts
Test drove Tibby V6 when they just came out. Didn't really like it. I like my XD better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wanted the GTV6 when they first came out (debuted in Feb '02, I bought my car that April) but couldn't afford it or the insurance. It came down to a 4cyl tib vs elantra gt w/ sunroof, etc. Needless to say, I choose the lighter car with the most options, but now that it was possible to get one, I now have a V6 5 speed as a "after work and weekend" car (for as long as my wife and I continue to work 7 mins from each other) and the auto elantra GT as the daily driver with a most of my mods already complete. The aftermarket support for the Tib is just awesome too and the response to N/A mods is huge (compared to the elantra). To answer your question, I never "regreted" getting the elantra, but I always wanted the V6 tiburon. If we were talking about 4cyl vs 4 cyl, though (I know you weren't)... there's no real reason to even look at the tib unless you really want to spend extra $$ on a much heavier car with less room just to say you have one. Both are great cars in each of their categories so I have the best of both worlds right now :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I do like the tiby but seeing as i got my 02 xd for 14k new, and that was in June 2002 when the cars were still fresh so they didn’t do to much price negotiation for the gts. I have been very pleased with the car, ive already got 40k on the odometer. But i have gone to three different dealerships including fusillo Hyundai which to my knowledge is the biggest Hyundai dealer in the US and for one month last year they sold more Hyundai’s then any other dealership in the world. No matter where i go the service is terrible.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I don't like how people think the Tib is a sports car. And I don't want people to think I drive a sports car. If I wanted (and could afford a real sports car) a sports car I'd buy a 911.

CarbonGT said:
But i have gone to three different dealerships including fusillo Hyundai which to my knowledge is the biggest Hyundai dealer in the US and for one month last year they sold more Hyundai’s then any other dealership in the world. No matter where i go the service is terrible.
The service might be terrible, I won't argue that (although I've had nothing but good service at my dealer). That dealership isn't the biggest Hyundai dealership in the US. For some reason all the Hyundai dealerships advertise themselves as being the "largest volume Hyundai dealership" in the US. We had a discussion about this a long time ago once, I don't think we ever figured it out. Oh wells, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
851 Posts
Back when they were first released, I test drove the first 4cyl Tib to hit the local dealership, it was nice, then later I test drove a GT V6 5spd, made some nice sound under throttle, but I really like four doors, I came to this conclusion after owning an Accent GSi for 3 years. I'm with Elantra2.001, sedans and sport wagons for life! The next car is going to be a WRX, unless Hyundai somehow miraculously decides to build a turbo AWD sedan. If you need more than a 2.0L engine, you're compensating for something... :diablo:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't like how people think the Tib is a sports car.
I love the way the Tiburon looks, it is by far one of the hottest cars on the road right now. But I would never fool myself into thinking that its a sports car. The Tib is a 'sporty' car, just like the Tibs of old; but the new ones have the look of sports car, they just don't have quite the power to be considered one it my books. If the Tib had 200 ponies at the wheels then I'd say it was a sports car.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I am a hatchback XD driver for life. My car will give a GT Tib a run for its life. And noone around here has an Elantra with even a lil bit of mods. So I am definately the king of my county as far as XDs are concerned. Being a dealer i drive these cars everyday so I have plenty of experience to keep me on the XD.

·
Registered
542 Posts
When I run the whells off my XD I was gonna get a GT V6 tib with a 6 speed. Kinda mid life crisis thing.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts