Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

I was surprised that a walmart and costco I visited did not have a battery in stock for my 06GLS.

According to the catalog in costco, there is no kirkland battery for the 06 GLS. And the walmart I visited just seemed to have many items in low stock, or never stocked. Other walmarts for me might be better, but are long drives.

Even sears.com says that they have no battery for the 06 GLS.

Please advise!

your boy,

Hyundai Dude

·
craka
25 Posts
Optima red top...auto zone, advanced auto, oreallies?, pepboys, any local auto repair place...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
Maybe if you tell them your car is silver, instead of tidalwave?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot. I hope to see the picture of your battery.

In 2006 I paid 1000 dollars less than my friend paid for a 2011 nissan versa. I actually like the versa after driving in it, but the XD is, so fly.

Thanks again.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
24F fits nicely in that traty and offers more cranking power and reserve capacity than the battery that is recommended for hte Elantra.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone for posting those pics. I was thinking of getting the Optima Red Top 24F. I guess that's enough information and 24F is the "group size?"

Well, if anyone wants to suggest a different battery feel free, or chime in if I don't have enough information to buy the Red Top. All I know is 24F.

Thanks for always allowing this young man with a graduate degree in music to express himself in style.

The XD2 be mad fly and you be racing while boomin down the freeway with mad haters following you and making your day harder, but you just wave and say, bye hater.

thank you,
HyundaiDude

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I got a A/C Delco Professional 6 Year Battery.

BATTERY ASM *CCA 500 TOP
Part Number: 121R6YR
Product Notes:
[Professional - 6 Yr-Battery]; Top post-Battery CCA rating 500 ; 121R BCI ; 0500 CCA
Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2006-2008

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a neighborhood mechanic install the battery and change the driver headlight. Time had been tight and perhaps after going to Walmart, Costco and a crappy Strauss; I went local.

Price was great, and the battery looks good under the hood.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Costco batteries are suppose to be great. I believe they have a 5 year no questions asked replacement. I believe the sizes that fit the elantra are 24, 34 and 35. I gotta look to see what the exact sizes are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts