Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Kia will be changing the Spectra name with the upcoming model. It'll be called the Kia Forte in all markets (apparently). I like it. Kia is going to cancel the five door option and will release a two door Forte instead. I'm not sure what the thinking is with this, perhaps Hyundai-Kia want the Elantra Touring to be their only compact five door for the US market (as they have the Cee'd in Europe and other markets).

As we were saying with the spy shots, the rear looks kind of similar to the IS. Seeing the headlights look kind of similar to the Civic to me, the outside edges of the headlights anyway. Though, that's not a bad thing. Very good looking car to me.

http://thecarblogger.blogspot.com/2008/07/revealed-2009-kia-forte.html

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Where's My Boomstick?
5,486 Posts
is the 2 door version what became of the kia Koup?

car is a total knockoff of civic/is, but hey, its kia, its what they're good at.

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts
I like how the front fenders mimic that of a subaru wrx in a way, i see great a future for this car, lots of aftermarket suport, looks good to me, very well done! GO KIA!

·
Civic Brutaliser
216 Posts
It look great. Actually, it look way better then the HD Elantra. The only thing i hope, is that there joking about putting the 1.6 engine in it. That engine is barely enough for the Accent/Rio. I can't begin to imagine what kind of crappy performance it will give this car.

·
3,203 Posts
The Forte will be powered by a brand new 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine. A more powerful 2.0-liter 4-cyliner engine will be released after the launch. The Forte will roll into U.S. showrooms in 2009, and a two-door variant will follow some months later.

the 1.6 will be in korea, we will be getting the new more powerful 2.0, BETA III maybe?
this means that we may finaly see a replacement for the old BETA II on the elantra, i wonder how much more power will it have.

if the beta II gets updated this could mean an easy swap on our XD's

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I would actually rock this. I've seen pics of the Koup and it's pretty hot looking.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
yeah, Kia's designer is from AUDI......I personally can't wait for the Sports car they're releasing aside from the coup variant of the Forte.

·
Call me J
1,978 Posts
huh^ They are going to have two sports cars? I was assuming the Koup would be a tiburon replacement branded under the (sporty) Kia name.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 1.6l is most likely for Korea, Europe, etc.

I hope to God that Kia doesn't put the beta in it. If it's a 2.0l it'll be the new Theta (same 2.0l that they'll be turbo'ing for the Genesis Coupe).

I don't think anyone is sure yet on what they are going to do with the two door version of the Forte and the Koup concept. The Koup concept might make it as a stand alone vehicle, where as the two door Forte will be what a Civic coupe is to a Civic sedan.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
The Koup is just the concept car that the Forte is based off of. As of right now, there will be no production "Koup" but there will be a 2-door version of the Forte.

http://www.nextautos.com/kia-unwraps-new-forte-sedan

Kia Unwraps New Forte Sedan

Just days after confirming that it would be replacing its compact Spectra model with a version of the Koup Coupe concept, Kia has let loose with the first official images of its Forte sedan.

The Forte design was led by Peter Schreyer, the man responsible for the first-generation Audi TT and the Volkswagen New Beetle, and seems to be taking Kia to a new stylistic level. The sedan incorporates elements of the Koup, including a toned down version of the front fascia treatment and taillights that trail around the rear corners. Despite being considerably more conservative than its concept cousin, we early fans of the Forte’s crisp, tailored, and surprisingly mature visage.

Word is that the car will make it to U.S. showrooms in 2009 and that a two-door version will be available soon after. Expect an all-new 1.6-liter four as the Forte’s base motor, with an optional 2.0-liter at the top of the range.

·
3,203 Posts
If this car comes with the new 2.0 Theta II motor it will be putting out 160hp stock at the crank.
most likely this will also replace the beta II engine on the elantra in 2010.

I found these pics of a photoshoped forte, damn this thing is going to look so good lowered and on rims that i might be looking at a replacement for the elantra.

the rest of the photoshops are here: http://images.google.com/imgres?img...=143&prev=/images?q=kia+forte&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

and
here are some interior sneak peaks. http://jalopnik.com/398043/2009-kia-forte-interior-copies-koup-concept

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
How's Kia's build quality been coming along? I know they are/were sub-Hyundai for a while, but I really like what they've been doing with their smaller cars, this one included.

·
Call me J
1,978 Posts
The more I look at it, the more I like it. Very Acura TSX (old style) which is good. :)

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
How's Kia's build quality been coming along? I know they are/were sub-Hyundai for a while, but I really like what they've been doing with their smaller cars, this one included.
now that they have dumped most of the Mazda derived motors in favor of Hyundai, Id say they should be on par with the crooked H. Badge engineering ftw.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts